Chapter 2

Not edited. Proceed with caution. Tears may happen.

Ella's pov

It's been five months since she met him and almost five months since she saw him. She wasn't looking for anything special when they first met. At that stage she'd only been out of hospital for two months after being there for five months in total. Almost one year on from the day she was found and she was happy. She had a family to support her even though there was no clue who she was before she fell asleep. Stacy's family became hers. Though there were no blood ties they were bound by the heart. Stacy's mum Irene was the doting mother hen to both girls. Her father Brian was a little scarier but soon she saw another side of him. Mr and Mrs Holden became known as Mum and Dad and took the role seriously! Brian spoke to Sam before he allowed him to take her out on a date. Irene helped her get ready for the date with Stacy smiling as they added the chunky jewellery Ella loved to her outfit. They were going to the movies but she still wanted to look special. There was just something about him that made her flutter inside. It still did. She felt the same way everytime she got a letter and at rare times when he called her. When they first met there was a connection between them. There was no uneasy feelings between them, they got along as if they'd known each other all their lives. Sam even tormented her and Stacy about their Friday night special of dvds and chocolate. In the time he was hone he kept her by his side as much as he possibly could. When he left it felt kike a part of him went with him. He made her feel amazing in so many ways but there was always a dark side to how she felt. One she didn't want to think about but knew she had to...was there someone else?

It was moments like this after Stacy left that had her thinking of the past or should she say the lack of a past. Who was she? Where did she come from? Who was she before? Was she nice? Did people like her?

She stood at the counter waiting for the kettle to boil. Coffee seemed to be in order most of the time. The idea of drinking tea made her want to shudder. For some reason she felt like it was the work of the devil.

It was at that moment that she felt the pain. Her chest felt like it was being crushed. Not a physical pain but one of the heart being ripped into tiny little pieces. How? Why? What was happening to her? She slid down to the floor gasping for air clutching her chest as somewhere in her mind it registered that the pain wasn't hers at all. It belonged to another whose heart was breaking... but who?

......

Ethan pov

"Noooooo!" He scrambled as fast as he could to get to her side. He could feel the pain she was in, her body a mass of excrutiating feelings. She tried to hold on for him. She tried with all she was to give him the dreams they had together despite knowing that it was her time.

He took her into his arms gently knowing that with each movement he was causing more pain. He had to hold her. He had to hold her close. He had to show her how much he needed her while hoping his own strength somehow slipped across to strengthen her while knowing how futile it was. He had no supplies with him to help her. He was a damn doctor and yet here he was with his beautiful mate and unable to help her. How pathetic was he?

Her hand rose slowly to touch the tears that fell in rivers down his face. She knew it was time to say goodbye. She looked at her love with every piece of her heart while he drank in every feature on her face committing it to memory.

"Please Holly, don't leave me. Stay with me baby. I love you so much baby..."

Both were crying as his hand wiped the blood drenched hair from her face. Neither wanted this to happen but one knew that it was destined. He held her carefully across his lap as his pack mates drew closer. Pounding of paws on the ground echoed through the night. Warriors stopped short of the couple. Many stood guard as their wolves while others became their human sides.  Each were ensuring the last moments between the two weren't disturbed.

Holly coughed. Her time grew near. Ethan begged her to hold on. He couldn't lose this amazing woman. This wonderful person who had been his everything. He couldn't imagine his life without her by his side. She had always been his light.

"Holly baby please hold on..."

"Ethan" she whispered "I love you so much... Ethan..." she spoke hoarsely... "find her."

She coughed again but this time her mouth was covered in blood. It was time. Slowly her eyes started to close. "Please baby no, hold on baby. We'll get you help" Ethan watched while sobbing as the light dimmed from her eyes. All the while telling her how much he loved her as he placed one last tender kiss on her mouth.

Warriors stood solemn. Tears found their way to some faces while others took on the appearance of stone. Everyone shaken by what was happening. As a pack they were family.

Nothing could have prepared them for this night. So close to their home. This was the night that would change Ethan's very existence. This was the night when he said goodbye to his reason for breathing. This night when a band of rogues invaded their lives took away one if the most beautiful women in the world as she was returning home. He held her close as her heart beat its last beat. He stared through pools of tears at the beautiful face that lay sleeping in his arms knowing they would never wake again. His wolf howled into the night and his one thought, his last thought before he succummed to the darkness was that Holly... Holly was an amazing woman.