Chapter 19

Not edited. Last chapter peoples... Do you think we need an epilogue?

Ethan

"Do I look all right?"

He took her hands in his own and with a smile he tried to reassure her "She's your mum Nellie. She's waited a long time for this moment. She wouldn't care if you had tattoos and spiked hair.." he stopped as he noticed the look she was giving him "ok maybe the spiked hair is a little too much but she'll love you no matter what."

"Tell me again what West's like."

"Ella!! Tell this damn friend of yours to back off!" Stacy waved her hand at Sarah.

"It's not my fault!!" Sarah stomped her foot.

"Don't stomp your feet at me Sarah! Just because I can't stomp my feet doesn't mean I can't run over yours!"

Looking from one to another the family around them started laughing Nellie included.

"See, I told you it'd work." Stacy said smugly.

"Ok, you were right. I was wrong. You are the most wonderful person in the world yadda yadda."

"What on earth?" Irene asked.

"We got Nellie to smile" Sarah said with the nod of her head.

Ethan smiled widely. He watched as Nellie relaxed for the first time in two days. Ever since they got word of when her mother was going to arrive Nellie had been anxious and jumpy. He knew she had nothing to worry about but for Nellie it had been four years since she'd seen her. They'd tried to reassure her that everything would be ok but still there was a lingering doubt that surfaced in a big way once they reached the airport to wait for the plane to arrive. Now with the help of two crazy friends Nellie was actually calming down.

"JANELLA!!!!!"

Nellie

Nellie turned towards the voice and took her hands from his and put them to her mouth as if to hold back the sob that wanted to escape. Her mum looked so good. She looked happy.

She felt the small push on her lower back as Ethan encouraged her to move. That was all she needed. In seconds she'd crossed the space to her mother and wrapped her arms around her. The corny line of 'tears of joy' definitely came into play at that moment. Both women crying for each day they'd been separated. Each with stories to tell of how they coped and the lives they led while apart.

No one wanted to interrupt them. None of those who were there to see this moment had a dry eye. Even the bickering Stacy and Sarah had an arm around each other as they watched on.

"Nellie, this is West."

He smiled at her "Waited a long time to meet you Nellie." He put out his hand to shake hers but was taken aback when Nellie launched herself at him. Tears in her eyes she thanked  for taking such good care of her mother. His arms wrapped around her to hold her in close, he'd heard so much about her that he felt that he'd known her all her life.

Ethan

He watched as his Nellie and West hugged and had to push back Sander who was becoming jealous. A small growl escaped and West pulled back accepting the 'friendly' reminder that Nellie belonged to Ethan.

"Where's my grandson?" Marjorie was almost jogging on the spot as she jumped about in excitement.

Irene came forward with a small bundle in her arms as Hannah raced to Marjorie and West "Mama, Poppa... That's my brother Alex!" She pointed excitedly as Ethan said they'd explain later.

It was sometime later when Hannah started getting bored that they realised they were still standing in the middle of the airport. Travel back to Nellie's house was full of information of what was happening back home. She was informed that Cam had a new mate and twin girls. While she felt a twinge she was surprised to realise that she really didn't care. She was happy he moved on.

Talks happened for hours with coffee after coffee. Nellie planned to book West in for an exorcism when he mentioned that he only drank tea. She was horrified. Ethan tried to be cheeky as he offered to make one for her to drink. The look she gave him quickly had him backing down.

Ethan could see that she was feeling overwhelmed as she stood to the back of the group near the door. So much had occured in these past weeks after the past months of mourning it was no wonder. Making his way to her his eyes made contact with Wests and the unspoken words between thm let him know he was taking Nellie outside for a quiet moment.

Taking her hand he led her out to the quiet of the evening. Standing beside her he lent back on the rail and watched as she drew in a deep breath with her face pointed to the sky.

She was beautiful. Her beauty was such that her heart shone through her eyes and spilled across every physical feature on her face. He loved this woman more than words would ever be able to express. He hoped she loved him too. Unable to hold back any longer he took her hand watching as the surprise flickered across her face. Softly he pulled her into his arms. Reaching up he tucked the stray hair behind her ear and cupped her face as he lowered his forehead to hers.

He sighed contentedly as her arms wrapped around him.

"Beautiful Nellie. My crystal blue eyed girl. I love you so much words aren't enough to tell you just how much."

He lowered his head slowly meeting her mouth with his own. Together they felt the fireworks spring through their bodies. This kiss was the beginning of a lifetime held with promise of all things wonderful. Reluctantly they drew apart and looked at each other.

"I love you Nellie."

"I love you too Ethan."

Sparkling eyes looked back at one another as Ethan started to laugh. Arms wrapped around he swung her around as she giggled and demanded that he put her down.

"Never. Never will I let you down. Never will you be alone. Our children will grow up knowing how wonderful they are. We'll raise them together Nellie, our family. Maybe one day we'll have more" cheekily he wiggled his eyebrows at her and laughed when she buried her head into his chest.

"My crystal blue eyed girl. My Nellie. My Janella." A finger placed under her chin raised her eyes to his "mine."