Chapter 1

A/N this story is not edited. Editing will not happen until the end of the story.

Cam pov

Three days. Three days since the full moon. Three days since Nellie left him all alone. He couldn't do anything. Three days of no sleep was catching up with him, but how could he sleep knowing she was out there? He did this. It was all his fault. He should have manned up but chose not to. What a joke!

Janella, his beautiful Nellie... gone. No one had a clue where to look. Where would she go? Where is that one special place she wanted to go above all others? If only he hadn't done the things he did; they wouldn't be in this position. Why didn't he stop? What made him think he was better than her? Why did he destroy her the way he did? Because he was a coward. Now he knows what that old saying means... You don't know what you've got until it's gone... and now he was scared he would never get it back again.

He spent four hours talking to the wolf counsel the day after the full moon. Question after question. At one point he wished they'd just shut up, he was wasting valuable time in getting the search underway. He had to be honest with them though. No amount of discussion would have changed his mind until that fated night. The night his childhood friend, his beautiful mate Nellie left their lives possibly forever. This wasn't right! He had to fix this and fix it now. He had to get her back.

He denied Nellie so he didn't become an outcast and that's exactly what he's become. Everyone hates him but that's ok cause he deserves to be hated. He just wished it didn't hurt so much.

Pack from other territories were still in the area although many had already returned to their homes so they could help in the search. Armed with pictures of Nellie they returned home in the hope that someone, anyone, would see her. Not having any clues as to where she would be didn't help at all. Not even Sarah knew. Sarah who'd spent two days in her room not wanting to come out until her mate James carried her out. If anyone had any idea where Nellie would want to go it would be her... not him, never him. Was there ever a time when they were talking that she mentioned somewhere special? His memories filtered back slowly. He remembered everything as if it were yesterday. Times when nothing mattered but friendship and a childs love. Before she grew up and he didn't. She was so amazing. He realised so much about her in the past ten days. She really would have been the best Luna of all standing by his side. Leading the pack with him. She would have been... she IS perfect. She'll make a great alpha. He only hoped he could convince her that he was worthy of standing beside her.

He groaned frustratingly. He was stuck here on his bed while she was out there somewhere. His father had ordered him to his room to sleep. He hadn't slept at all, he just kept making calls all over the world looking for her. Finding Janella. They had to find Janella. Was she ok? Did she remember anything? Was she alone?

Ella's pov

"Hey chickie!"

"Hi lovely. Whatcha doing?"

"Ugh... stocktake... wanna help?"

"Sorry... What was that? Ella... are you still there? Hello?"

Ella laughed at the comical refusal from her friend Stacy.

"Ok I get it... no stocktake for you" she laughed "Still up for the Friday night special?"

"Sure am. Dad won't be dropping me off though cause he has a meeting. You get to meet Sam."

"Seriously? He's home?"

"He got home this morning. He's on leave for two weeks before he's deployed again for a couple of years." Stacy's voice choked.