CHAPTER: 40 | CHANGE OF HEARTS (PART-4)

ASSALAMUALYKUM!

*UNEDITED*

******************************************************

Two year ago:

Zeeshan was at the construction site, grabbed in a simple chequered shirt and jeans, wearing tough sneakers and an yellow helmet on his head, inspecting and instructing the workers there with all those noises of the machineries running around him and the air, contaminated with all kinds of dust particles. He had been there from morning, working with the engineers, holding meetings, making plans, executing them, getting his hands dirty with everyone else.

He was currently on a call with Kamra Khalid(Omar's father), "Yes, sir! I'll make the transactions by tomorrow..." He sandwiched the phone between his right ear and shoulder as he scribbled down something on the notepad laying on the desk.

"...Okay, sir." He ran a hand over his hair as he paced. "We'll meet soon and discuss in detail about the shares. And one more thing," He remembered, "Please let me know when you will be free so that we could arrange a meeting with the investors."

"..that's great. I'll stop by your office in the evening? Is that fine by you?" He placed the pen on the desk and took hold of the cellphone.

"I'll be there, In Sha Allah. Allah Hafiz." He hung up, dropped himself on the chair nearby and started massaging his temples as he began going through all those notifications that he didn't had time to check.

He was nonchalantly just swiping them off the notification bar when his thump stopped at one.

Instagram: Handal_Hussain23 has requested to follow you.

He stared at the words, read and re-read them, his brain giving him a flashback of  the day at the café. He closed his eyes as he remembered a specific face which he hadn't been able to forget since that day.

Laiba.

That was her name.

A name that he had been saying a lot in his head lately.

That girl was always there in his head irrespective of how busy he was. He thought whatever he was feeling for her was just an infatuation and they probably would never meet again but it seemed like fate had something else planned for them.

Zeeshan accepted Handal's follow request and in return, send her one before setting the cellphone on the desk. He leaned his head back, joined his hands which was on his lap and waited for Handal's next move.

The notification of Handal accepting his follow request popped up sooner that he had expected. He picked up the cellphone and stalked her profile, not before ignoring a text which she had sent him.

He scrolled through her profile, through pictures of Handal in the university, with her friends,at the café, restaurants, weddings, pictures of food, places and everything else he wasn't interested in. He had almost given up, about to exit her profile page when he came across a post he might had been looking for.

He stopped scrolling and clicked on the post.

The image loaded from blurry to less blurry before showing him a clear picture of Handal with Laiba, seated on a bench at a park.