CHAPTER: 33 | RUDE AWAKENING (PART-1)

ASSALAMUALYKM!!!!

*UNEDITED CHAPTER*

FOR THOSE WHO WERE EXPECTING(which is probably everyone) ZEESHAN DOES NOT GET TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT AARIZ AND LAIBA YET.

THIS CHAPTER IS ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE.

READ TO FIND OUT WHAT!!!

*Contains bad language and disturbing scenes(maybe)*

**********************************************

Laiba stormed into the outdoor patio of the Othman House, her flip flops making a clattering sound against the granite floors as she took long, heavy strides in rage and utter furry. She ripped the shawl from her head and shrugged the floor-length shrug off her body and hurled it angrily on the ground. Her voluminous straight brown hair, which reached upto her waist, swayed with the wind and her arms which were covered with shrug a while ago, was now exposed to the chillness of the air.

Clenching her jaws, she hugged herself and grazed her arms up and down, tears threatening to fall out of her eyes as she looked around her.

The patio was a magnificent looking place with an enormous indoor pool in the centre, with candles floating on lotus leaves above a beautiful sea green water. The fences around the place were decorated with ornamental plants, shrubs and trees, fairy lights swirled around the stems and lanterns hanging from its branches.

''This can't be happening...' Laiba shut her eyes in pain and when she opened them, tears sliding down her cheeks.  'He can't be back..' She gritted her teeth, her whole body trembling with angry.

'Ya Allah! Not Zeeshan!!' She paced restlessly, clamping her mouth and then, biting her nails in nervousness.

'I'll bear everything life throws at me but him!!' She shook her head, 'Not him.'

'I don't want to see his face, let alone be under the same roof as him!!!'  More tears spilled out of her cheeks and when she wiped them, she felt the cold metal of her wedding ring on her face.

Laiba looked down at her hands, the diamond twinkling in front of her.

'All you have to do, is ask and I'll liberate you..'

Aariz's voice reverberated in her ears and a sob broke out of her lips. She, in a fit of anger and hurt, twirled the ring off her finger and threw it across the lawn.

"I hate you, Aariz!" She said between her teeth, dropping on her knees by the pool. "You shouldn't have married me if you never intended to!!" Her shoulders jerked as she cried with her head low, her hair screening her face.

'Why did this happen, Allah? Why did you do this to me????'

'All my life, I have been nothing but patient..'

'All those times when people treated me like sh*t, I kept telling myself my marriage life would be better. I kept telling myself that Allah will reward me for my patience. I kept hoping and hoping...and now what did I get???'

'A cold, heartless husband who hates me for being in his life??'

'Someone who has nothing to talk to me about but separation???'