CHAPTER: 65 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-11)

A/N: Islam strictly prohibits music, dancing and mixed gatherings during weddings or other social events.

***************************"**

The after-party was held on the topmost portion of the Haveli; secluded and soundproof. It was a no-adult zone and only youngsters whose name was on the guests list were allowed in the hall. The decorator had set up a ginormous stage in the centre of the hall with scanty lighting. The seating arrangement included a loveseat for the bride and groom and plush couches and divans for the guests. The drapes and flowers for this party were of a different colour; a vibrant green in contrast to beige. A famous DJ was booked for the event who was playing loud music on humongous speakers while proper dance performances were going on, on the stage with people cheering around them.

Laiba wasn't expecting the after-party to be an actual 'party'. Like a real one. She was surprised and not in a good way. She felt wrong to be a part of it. Mixed gatherings, music and dances overwhelmed her to the point that she didn't want to stay there for another minute. But just as she managed to exit the hall, she came face to face with Sarah.

"Hey! What are you doing here? I thought you didn't want to come." She narrowed her eyes at her. The double doors behind her closed, cutting off the loud music and leaving them in a soundless empty hallway.

Sarah shrugged, "I changed my mind." And then she held the plate in between them, "And I got us some jalebies."

Laiba studied the heap of jalebis on the plate and then glanced up at her best friend who was grinning at her, ear to ear.

"Some?" She arched a judging brow, "You have enough jalebies to feed every person in that hall." She commented.

"The hell I would." She protested, "This is for us." She took her arms and tangled with hers, "Let's party!" She exclaimed, raising the plate over their heads.

The guards by the doors gave them a weird look.

"Trust me. You don't wanna party at this party." She warned.

But Sarah waved it off and dragged her back into the hall.

Deafening music, flashing lights and people hooting and clapping greeted them inside.

"OH MY GOD!" Sarah's jaws dropped to the floor.

"Yeah! That's what I thought." Laiba bit the inside of her cheeks.

"Does the most active member of the Islamic organization Mr. Yusuf Othman have any idea the kids of his house are throwing a hard-core party on their ancestral property?" She wanted to laugh at the irony.

"No. Definitely not." She pressed her lips into a thin line and shook her head. "He knows they are throwing an after party but not this kind of party."

Sarah clicked her tongue, "Daring, aren't they?"

"We can go back if you want." She suggested.

"No." Sarah was a little too quick to refuse, "We will just find a quiet corner to sit and we will be fine." She covered up swiftly.

Laiba surveyed their surroundings. There was a vacant seat at the far end of the hall. Besides, the loud music had turned into a low melodious one. It seemed to be for Areesha and Rehaan who were in each other's arms, doing a couple dance on the stage.

"Fine." She agreed and took Sarah to the vacant seat in the hall.

They settled down on the couch and began watching the just-married couple sway in each other's arms while having the jalebies.