CHAPTER: 13 | WRONG IMPRESSIONS (PART-1)

SURPRISEEE!!!!!!!!!

AASSSALLAMUALAIKUM EVERYONE:)

UNEDITED CHAPTER

ENJOY;)

********************************************************

The presence of Aariz in the car was making Laiba feel kind of claustrophobic and to top it all, his tough demeanour was making it only worse. She couldn't believe how the dude had just made it clear for her that she was not as welcomed for him as she was to the rest of his family. Although, she knew not everyone was going to like her but it still felt bad to be not liked. Fortunately, Urooba turned out to be too good for a companion and way too friendly for someone meeting for the first time. All the way to the stores, she constantly kept talking about everything and nothing, which, Laiba was actually grateful for as it was just her who was filling the silence otherwise neither Aariz nor Laiba had said a word since they had started off.

Amidst one of her stories, Urooba's cellphone started ringing. Her face beamed as she saw the caller ID, "I gotta take this Laiba...excuse me." She said to Laiba with a cheeky smile before answering the call.

Laiba nodded at her and involuntarily, moved her eyes towards the rear view mirror. To her misery, even Aariz simultaneously eyed the rear view mirror only to find Laiba looking at him. Her breath hitched at their eye contact and she quickly looked away but not before noticing his scornful eyes that were narrowing at her. Her heart beats betrayed her again and she found herself holding her breath for what she did not know. She hugged herself and stared out of the window, feeling intimidated by his smouldering gaze.

Fifteen minutes later, the car stopped outside a huge, ostentatious looking bridal-wear showroom. Laiba got out of the car with Urooba and breathed with relief when Aariz drove past them right after dropping them at the stores. "Here we go," Urooba smiled at her which she returned effortlessly. "Ready for the dress hunt???" She raised her eyebrow at her, stopping in front of the glass door which was held open by a guard.

"Totally!" Laiba said as they entered the stores together, laughing.

It took them two hours to finally find the right dress for Laiba. That too, it was Urooba's choice and not hers. She settled for it merely because she was too irritated and tired between the constant visits to the trial room and trying out heavy dresses. She was just not used to shopping and it was always Sarah who brought her dresses. Urooba liked the dress and that was more than enough as she wanted nothing more than to just go back home and sleep.

"You sure you like this dress, don't you?"

"You no need to be formal with me, remember that."

"Honey! You sure are satisfied with this dress, aren't you?" Urooba kept asking her and she made it sure to convince her that she liked the dress as much as Urooba did. "It's great. I love it. I'm sure we can't find anything better than this." She said to her sister-in-law, convincingly.

"I know right!" Urooba squealed, hugging the blush coloured lehenga and rocking herself right to left like it was a baby. Laiba smiled at her childishness, finding it really cute. Lucky are those who are completely oblivious to the dark side of the world. They are the ones who are capable of confining a trait in them as such of a child, away from all the cruelties of the world. Some people may find immaturity unimpressive but not Laiba. For her, immaturity was like a dream, a wish that she had never experienced what she had experienced and stayed happy and carefree as a child forever.