CHAPTER: 57 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-3)

"She wants you to believe she hasn't noticed you because she doesn't want you to know she's noticing you."

Laiba was confused, her brows knitted together as she tried to decipher his words.

What does this mean?

"...wants you to believe she hasn't noticed you.."

"...doesn't want you to know she's noticing you."

Her mind slowly began registering everything.

"But-" She shook her head, recalling the two times they happened to be at the same place.

She had looked past right through her.

As if she was a ghost.

Did she really not see or was she pretending??

Aariz watched her face quietly as she struggled to come to a conclusion.

"I don't think so-" Even as she said it, she realised how unconvincing it sounded to her own ears.

"I mean-" She was about to say something but he cut her off.

"Laiba!" He stopped her, "There's no other reason for her to be here." He was certain, "I know for a fact that she doesn't give a crap about my sister or this wedding. She's not here to celebrate."

'There's no other reason for her to be here..."

'Right...' Her shoulders dropped on either sides of her in defeat.

There was a moment of silence between them as she took her time to process everything.

"You think..." She hesitated, "-she knows about us?" She asked him.

He gave her a nod, "There's a possibility."

Aariz knew there was going to be consequences when he decided to let the people in party know that Laiba was with him. He knew gossips travels faster than light and he knew somehow words will reach Meher but he never expected that she would leave everything and show up at his door for that matter.

"From what you are saying, I can tell she's testing waters for now. She won't approach you until she's sure of what she's getting herself into." He elaborated, "Me, having a girlfriend is not something new to her. She knows half of the time it's not true. I don't know what's her deal..." He ran a hand over his hair and shook his head, seeming a bit disturbed for a split second there, "I just..." He trailed and rephrased, "Look, I don't want you to get involved in this to begin with." He confessed.

Laiba bobbed her head in understanding.

He took a deep breathe and continued, "She's my problem." He exhaled, "I'll deal with her when I feel the time is right but to be on a safe side-" He rolled his lower lip in and chewed, "You need to keep your guards up around her." He advised her.

She raised her brows at him, "Why?"

"Huh?"

"Why should I do that?" She queried.