CHAPTER 58 | THE ART OF LETTING GO (PART-4)

Sangeeth(a musical event) was after mogrib.

And since it was not islamically appropriate, the elders refused to be a part of it.

It was only for the sake of the children's happiness, they let them have it their way (half-heartedly) otherwise they did not exactly approve of it.

It was an-only-girls event and the arrangements were made on the upper portion of the Haveli.

By evening, all the girls had shed off the dried up henna off their hands and now were fixing up their hair and make up for the sangeet ceremony.

On the other hand, boys were getting ready for Rehaan's bachelors party.

Aariz, Zeeshan, Burhaan, Shah, some of their second cousins and friends from college and school changed into some cascual clothes and left for the party around 9.

Upstairs, the girls had taken off their dupattas and hijabs and were dancing to the Bollywood songs blasting from the speakers.

With no desi aunties to gawk or judge, they all were feeling pretty comfortable and relaxed.

Moreover, Areesha returned to them in a better mood which automatically put Habeeba, Maha and Urooba in a good mood as well.

They forgot about all the drama happening in the family and decided to enjoy the moment.

Everybody was on the dance floor and none of them were shying away.

Habeeba with her friends, Maha with her circle, Meher and Veronica, Urooba and with her group of girls, even Sarah and Laiba, who had never really danced in public, were seen doing a couple dance together.

Laughing at themselves.

The day might not had started off great for the Othmans but it was turning out to be fun.

****************************************************

Rehaan's bachelor's party was happening inside a VIP party hall at one of the hotels owned by the Othmans.

Unlike his birthday party(which was just between his close friends), a lot of guys had been invited for this one.

Although, the place was large enough to accommodate a crowd as huge as that but it was still too many people for Aariz's liking.

It was not like he had not partied with so many of them before, he had been to some raves in the past as well and had been a part of bigger crowds but he was at a point in his life where all those things did not excite him anymore.

He basically, had partied so much, that he eventually had grown out of it.

On the contrary, Zeeshan and Burhaan were more than willing to mingle with the guys.

Those two were actually socialising and making friends.

Playing games, singing karaoke and dancing with them.

Whereas he lay on his back on a couch, playing games on his cellphone.

Notifications kept popping up on the screen and he kept ignoring them, too involved in the game to care about it.