G u i l t s (12)

Thanks to the all who voted. This chapter is dedicated to Mariumahmed because she has been supporting me so much, is a great friend and the new totally awesome cover , thanks to her :-). You rock girl!
P.S positive criticism is always welcomed Xxxxxx.
..........................
My heart was nearly out of my ribcage as it was pounding so hard. My palms were clammy and my mind was making the worst scenarios. Everyone is afraid at many points in their life but some outdoes them. You feel like it is the end when it is not. You feel like everything has been lost but it's still there. You feel like you will explode due to swirl of emotions inside you but to your pure dismay, you remain intact to face what's coming.

I opened the door of Marcel's mansion with a loud thump taking careful steps forward as I did so. Haley was still behind me. The dim lights welcomed us as we approached the empty hall. The small fountain in the middle and empty surroundings indicated no wrong. I looked with wandering eyes in search of some motion in that mind numbing silence, spotting the stairs to get on the first floor. I inched towards them, turning to see Haley coming after me with her stern stature similar to mine. As we ascended, a slight tremor passed through me as the smell of blood and metal hit me instantly and the sight in front startled me.

Everyone was quite when there was a fiasco of emotions swirling inside of me. There sat Marcel on a chair with his men standing beside him as Klaus laid stabbed on the floor, nearly bathed in his own blood which was almost dried letting me know it had been a while since he was skewered. I chocked for a second having air leave my lungs but appeared synonymous on the outside. Haley let out an agitated shriek. As I turned to the side, I saw Rebekah blacked out, lying on the floor as a heap and there was no trace of Elijah. Marcel stood up, a hand on his chin and a smirk playing on his lips.

"It's nice to have a new face. Isn't it friends?" He said in a mocking tone, addressing his minions. Their lips held a cunning smile.

Anger, it was anger I had to hold onto and I clung to it to suppress other emotions.

"Why did you do that?" I said in an eerily calm manner. These were the only words I was able to say when I wanted to say so much.

"What do you think? I keep my words Caroline and I did but let's not forget this is all your doing?" He pointed towards Klaus's body with a smirk that now seemed pressured to me.

Klaus's black shirt clung to his chest due to blood, making it seem blacker. Black, thin veins protruded from the thin skin of his colourless face to his neck and beyond. Still he seemed eerily tranquil which caused a tremor to pass through my spine to my toes.

"You do know he can't be killed right? I thought you were a little more sensible than this?" I said scornfully, my hands in tight fists.

"Oh Caroline! You think I will do all this struggle for nothing. If you do? Well I considered you a bit rational than this. You had the chance to get him out of my way with a little harm but see what you did here? You made me take the bigger step. You are the cause of all this unnecessary mess that shouldn't have to be here." He replied walking in a circle around me and I wanted nothing else than to tear his neck off of his body because he was right. I should have just done what he said me to and never had to face this. It was all my fault. Like every other single time, I was to be accused but for the first time I was doing that to myself including the others.

"Marcel, Elijah will be here any minute now and you will be done for. Better tell us how to fix this." Haley said and I was on the ground next to him by that moment.

I was done with pretending to not care about him while I did more than anyone can even begin to imagine. I tried to remove his shirt to see the wound where the stake was pinned but I felt two hands on my shoulder and I was dragged away.