S h o c k s (9)

I was literally going to bed and saw 1K reads!!!!!!!! *squeal* sooooo I decided to update.I m so thankful for all the support. I was so busy, summer over so school start. Read, vote,enjoy,comment. :-) ;-) and smile ptetty pretty!!! :D . It's short but I had to give you guys something.

.........

We were walking on a gravel pathway quitely. Both of us not saying a word. Yellow leaves were falling down like pieces of paper , crinkling under our feet making crispy sounds.

Suddenly I felt his gaze on me. I stopped in my track and turned towards him. He was looking at me with an astounding adoration though he looked away suddenly, leaving me confused and awestricken.

We were in front of the hotel where I was resided. I was waiting for him to say something, anything. He was leaving and words left my mouth without any thought.

"Klaus!!"

He turned and smiled at me, a genuine smile and I was on seventh sky. He had an obsessive smile, that captivates you and urges you to do anything in order to see it again.

"I am listening love." He remarked calmly.

"You want me to go even now?" I asked him because yes I had assured him I wouldn't but he wasn't assured.

"No I don't if that's what you want to know but forlorn hopes can be quite crushing." He said with a smile which didn't reach his eyes.

"Deciding my life isn't your responsibility. I am not your responsibility." I replied incredulous because I didn't want to be a burden on him, or take my safety as a responsibility he felt obligated to fulfil.

"To me keeping you safe is the foremost important thing." He replied still standing his ground and I had the urge to stomp multiple times.

"How many times will we have this discussion Klaus. It's getting nerve wrecking." I said exasperatedly.

"It's utterly strenuous to convince you love. I didn't expect anything less either." He said like he was worn off.

"God! You think you are not stubborn. I will say more than me." Fury was burning through me. He was making everything so much difficult.

"You are turning red. Didn't think vampires had that tendency." He was clearly holding back a chuckle.
I was convinced he had a multi personality disorder or something. He shifted 180 in a millisecond.

"I am glad you find me amusing." I replied with a chuckle.

"Always have, always will." He replied sarcastically, still that breath taking smile in his lips.

"Goodnight then." I turned on my heels to enter the large door of hotel while he held out a small laugh.

"Goodnight love. Be safe."

"Always have. Always will." I said feigning a smile and stomped in. I knew it was childish of me but what could I say. He brought out the best in me.

It was 4 in the afternoon and I was sitting on my bed, doing nothing. I had spent quality time with Klaus. I felt warm inside the whole time even if he was eager to send me back or we were bantering like we always do. There was a fullness in me while I was feeling hollow for so long.

Suddenly the large window of my room, which was already open, started clanking. Thinking of it as a thunderstorm, I tried to ignore but there wasn't one. A few moments later, there was again, that sound, this time more forcefully. Fear started building and bubbling in me. The sounds of rustling of heavy boots in the balcony startled me. Someone was definitely there. I tiptoed to the aforementioned spot, heart heavy in my throat. There was a shadow of a man. A tall, muscular man. Finding all the courage, I opened the window wide.

"Nice to see you again Caroline." I backed away a little. He slowly emerged in light, quite creepily. It was Marcel and he was smirking. Was he kidding me?

"What the hell? What do you think you are doing here?" I replied exasperatedly because it was so not funny to wake someone up in the middle of the night, so damn creepily at that.

"I was fascinated by you last time. Thought a visit wouldn't hurt." I wanted to rub that smirk off his face, cruelly.

"You have visited. Now please, the door is there." I said pointing towards the door.

"Feisty thing you are." He replied with a the same smirk from before.

"You haven't even seen feisty yet." I was truly exasperated at that moment.

"You want to show me?" He said and I sent him a heavy glare which could have pummelled him with its intensity. "I had a proposition for you." he comtinued coming straight to the point.

"Proposition?"

"Yes. A proposition. You see I know your thing with Klaus Mikaelson." He replied grinning slightly.

I didn't know where he was going with that. Acting oblivious wasn't an option also because he surely had reliable resources so I kept quiet.

"The thing is, I built this city while he ran away like a coward and now he wants it back and he trusts you."

I knew I wasn't going to like what was coming next.

"So?" I said.

"So if you want him in a piece, you will do as I say."

My worst fear came true. He will use me against him. Oh Klaus! A wrenching ache was in my stomach, increasing by each passing second as he stared impassively at me.

"You can not do him any harm. He is the most powerful being on Earth." I said in a confident voice.

He smirked like I was trapped and there was no way out. "I control the witches here. I can turn him in a corpse in a matter of seconds and that isn't the only option I have, I have a special equipment to end him once and for all."

He had the white oak stake. I wanted to shred him into pieces, accuse him of betraying the man who cared about him, freed him but I didn't. I stood there stunned, unable to make a coherent thought, sentence was another story.

"You have no choice in it Caroline and if you tell him, there will be consequences. Meet me at the bar tomorrow. There is a lot to discuss." He said in a victorious tone. He whooshed away leaving me flustered and tongue-tied.