E n c o u n t e r s (5)

This chapter is dedicated to @thetotallyclicheteen because well she is a bae :-) ;-)

Will I ever be able to mend my broken heart *sobs* . I mean just look at the gif at side. Can anyone be anymore breath taking. He is married!!!! *sobs again*. Yeah yeah! U think I am being melodramatic but I will be okay cuz he is happy and I am happy for him.

Now before I start to bore you, the next chapter. Tadaaa!! *jumps wildly* *laughs evilly* "Zara what's going on upstairs?" Oops!!

...........

I was lying in my bed stock still, just staring at the ceiling like it was the most fascinating thing in the world. After the 'chit chat', as Rebekah called it, I came back to the hotel room. I promised her I will try to 'tame the wolf', again her term. I had the address to their residence which was tucked in my jean's pocket soundly. Sleep overtook me with a flood of thoughts running in my head.

I woke up next day with a dull ache tugging at my chest. I wasn't able to exactly pinpoint what was its cause but it wasn't subsiding even after I took a long shower. Getting changed into a sky blue tank top and jeans, I headed for a breakfast again to the cafe I went in yesterday, hoping I would be able to finish my breakfast.

Unfortunately, I found myself just staring at the sandwich and coffee in front of me. They weren't exactly capable of satisfying my hunger but they did help. I gulped down my coffee albeit the protests my brain was making and stood up. After tucking the amount written in the bill in the designated place, I walked to the bar again. I needed a drink or two to calm down the unnecessary nerves. I entered and the bell above me jingled, alerting the people which I found rather unnecessary.

Camille greeted me with a smile as I sat on the bar. "Hello again Caroline."

"Hi Camille. I want a bourbon. No, I guess I need it." I sighed deeply and threw my head on the bar.

"It really seems like you do." After a little shuffling, the sound of the glass on the table resounded. I looked up to find my drink. I took the glass. After swirling the constitute for a while I gulped it down.

"You know uncertainty is an unpleasant feeling Camille." I blurted out.

"I bet. There are plenty of other unpleasant feelings who outdoes it though." She said with a chuckle which made me smile in return. The mood of the people in surroundings had a big effect on me.

"I doubt it right now." I replied at which she shook her head and sat down, considering the bar was nearly empty at that time of the day.

"Uncertainty can be satisfied but somethings can't be. That's when you know what an unpleasant feeling is." I raised my eyebrows at her in amusement and a chuckle escaped her throat. "I am soon to be a psychologist. No need to be surprised."

"Be careful here though Caroline." She continued.

"What do you mean? I have not seen any street crimes yet."

"Its far from peaceful. You will know eventually, just remember which side you are on." She said and scurried away, probably to serve a customer, leaving me confused as hell. I stood up too and headed to the dreaded Mikaelson mansion. It wasn't far from the bar so I reached in fifteen minutes.

I was standing there. I was going to do one thing I was sure I would never do at a certain time. I was willingly walking up to Klaus, thousands of kilometres away from Mystuc Falls. The building was huge, giving a creepy vibe, the I-have-dead-bodies-buried-underneath vibe. I would never in a million years find myself living here.

I took small steady steps to the front door. My hand reached forward to knock it but suddenly felt limp to my side. I heaved a deep sigh but to no avail to clear the uncertainties and get over the initial hesitancy. Suddenly the door opened and Rebekah was standing there with a mischievous smile on her face.

"Hello darling. I have been expecting you from a while now. Tell you what, I had no doubt you wouldn't come." She started rambling while making the door open wide for me to enter.

"Yes I came." I cued a nod, looking at my surroundings awhile. Against my initial suspicions, the curtains were opened wide apart, illuminating the insides with bright sunlight. The paintings seemed historical and the furniture antique. It seemed a good place nonetheless.

"Klaus doesn't know you are here. A little surprise for him." She said turning towards me.

"I bet he would be surprised. A good surprise a or bad one, thats the real question." I stated with a chuckle.

"Let's find out." We trudged up the stairs, me following closely behind her. The corridor wider than the normal ones, separated various rooms on both sides. She entered a room at the end without knocking and the door slapped the wall due to unalloyed force.There he stood facing the window in all his glory and my heart skipped a single beat, as cliche as it was.

"What is it Rebekah?" He said in his thick accent. His deep and authoritative voice resounded in the surroundings for a while.

"We have a visitor Nik. I bet you will want to meet her." She said in a sing song voice.

"Rebekah if this is another one of your childish antics, I swear......" He was stopped mid-sentence by Rebekah's voice, "Oh shut it Nik. Crawl out of your godforsaken pitty hole will you?."

He turned around and all expression drained from his face, sombreness taking over. He seemed like he was in a trance and so was I. My eyes locked with those ocean blue, deep, hypnotising ones. I had an idea I had missed him but the feeling increased tenfold at that moment and the urge to wrap my arms around him was weighing down heavily on me. I had to fist my hands in order to stop myself while a hefty relief made all of my nerves alive.

Finally his eyes sparked up and his lips lifted. He was doing his half smile which made me giddy all over.

"Well hello there love. Took you long enough." He said and suddenly my decision to come here didn't seem all that doomed.