Impossible

"She's dying..." The words kept repeating over and over in my head. It felt as though my heart was actually breaking. My wolf was out of control because of the pain I had felt at hearing the last words I ever wanted to hear.

"Alpha! Alpha!" I looked up at Eva and let my tears run down my cheeks. "The cabin? Do you know of one?" Cabin?

Flashback******* Kenzo's POV

"Nae Nae Nae Nae boo boo you can't get me!" I taunted Sedrick as he chased after me. "Hey! That's not fair. It's your turn to chase me!" He whined. I sighed and stopped running. "Fine, but there's no base." Sedrick nodded and took off running. "Wait, Sedrick mom and dad said don't go that way!" "Oh come on you big baby!"

I had been chasing Sedrick for about ten minutes when we passed through a clearing in the woods. We both stopped running when we saw a big cabin. "Clubhouse." We said in unison.

Flashback Over**********

"I know exactly where it is."

I ran through the woods at top speed, following my mate's faint scent. The smell of blood was almost overpowering her delicate smell. "Vannessa!" I yelled. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw her laying on the ground clutching her stomach.

Her belly wasn't flat like it had been when he last saw her. It was big and round. She was at least eight months pregnant. "Kenzo." Vanessa's blood-covered hand touched my cheek. I placed my hand over it and squeezed. "Everything is going to be fine baby.." Vannessa shook her head weakly. "I'm dying.." "No!" "Kenzo. Please listen. I'm dying... The baby will too if you don't get it out. You have to cut it out." I shook my head violently. "No. I can't please.." "Kenzo, if you don't do this you will lose us both. Please save our child, please." Tears ran down her face. I wiped them away and kissed her barely warm lips. I took the knife out of my pocket and slowly opened it. I looked into Vanessa's eyes and she nodded her head.

I pulled the baby out and cut the cord. I wrapped it In my t-shirt. "What is it?" She asked weakly. "A boy..." I handed him to her and watched as she smiled. "Please tell him that I love him... Tell him everyday that I'm watching over him. I love you Kenzo, take care of our baby." Vanessa's voice trailed off as her life left her body. "Nooo!" I screamed as my heart ripped inside my chest. I grabbed her small hand and begged to the goddess to bring her back.

"Alpha?" Eva said as we came into her view. She ran and grabbed the screaming baby out of my bloody hands. "Oh dear God." She said as she stared at Vanessa's lifeless body. "She's gone... She's gone." I cried. Eva pulled me into a hug and tried to calm me down. "Kenzo... Look at me. You still have a piece of her. Your baby will help you get through this... You can't give up now. As much as you want to you know Vannessa would want you to take care of your child." I knew Eva was right, but the thought of living life without Vannessa seemed impossible.