Lightweight

Warmth. How it makes you feel safe. I've always loved the sun and the way it felt when its rays kissed my skin. I always loved hugs, so much more than pecks on the lips. They made me feel truly loved, unlike kisses. Every kiss I've ever had was lust filled. I'm not experienced, but I'm experienced enough to know that I'm ready for something real. My mind wondered to the mysterious, strong, dreamy man that I dream of almost every night. I got out my sketchbook and opened it to my newest sketch. In my last dream, I realized that the man had a small scar on his bottom lip. The imperfection somehow only made him even more perfect in my eyes. The way his voice sounded in my dreams, just the warmth of his tone melted me. I wish he was real... And interested in me.

I sighed and turned the page to a poem I had written.

Unremarkable

I want him
I want his kiss
When the lights are dim
I want his bliss
I am so foolish I am not prim
I am so unremarkable and easy to miss
No one as perfect as he could ever notice someone as ordinary as I.

-Vanessa Rain Hughes

dedicated to :
Mr. Dreamy

"

Nessa!" I quickly shut my sketchbook and shoved it in my bag. My sketchbook was the only thing I kept from Matty. She sat down on her towel and handed me my snow cone. I took a sip of the red syrup and let it fill my mouth. "This tastes different," I concluded. Matty just shrugged her shoulders and sipped her drink. After about half of the cup, I was feeling a little... Weird. "What's wrong with my drink?" I asked and Matty couldn't hold back her smile. "Matty!" "Oh come on it was only a little vodka." "You know I'm a lightweight!" I tried to stand up but stumbled a little. "Shit Nessa sit down." I rolled my eyes and walked away. The alcohol was hitting me hard now. I stumbled again and a pair of strong arms wrapped around me. "Woah are you okay?" I turned around and locked eyes with the boy who steadied me. "Hey you're like really cute," I said and he raised his eyebrows in amusement. "Nessa!" "Oh shit. Can you help me get away from her? She really pissed me off." He smiled and grabbed my hand. "Sure follow me."

We were now in an ally behind some buildings. "Thanks." "No problem. So what's your name?" "Vanessa but everyone usually calls me Nessa." "Well, Nessa I'm Sebastian. People usually call me Bash." "Well, it's nice to meet you." "You too. Do you need help getting home?" "Nah I only live like eight minutes away. Thanks again though." He nodded and turned around but I grabbed his shoulder. He stopped and looked at me. "I usually don't do this but I need to start having a little fun. Would you like to go to dinner with me?" He smiled and nodded his head. "Sure where do I pick you up?" "I'm staying at the Hilton condos. Pick me up in the front around seven?" He nodded his head and said, "I'll see you at seven." I smiled as I watched his form retreat. Once he was out of sighed I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I froze when I heard a low growl. I looked around and saw nothing. "Wow, I'm really drunk right now."

"Vanessa!" Oh shit, she used my full name. "I'm in here!" I yelled from my bedroom. "Why in the hell did you leave?" "Because you pissed me off and I wanted to." "Why are you so dressed up?" "Well, I have a date in thirty minutes. Which is bad considering I look like a cheap slut. All of those dresses barely cover me!" "They cover the necessities," Matty argued back. "I'm going to dinner, not a freaking night club. Just let me borrow your coat so I can cover myself." She rolled her eyes and went to get the coat. "I'm going to stop thinking and just roll with it," I said to myself while applying some lip gloss. "Here. That dress looks great on you anyway." I gave her a small smile and put the coat on. "Thanks, Matty."

Vanessa's dress below

Matty's coat below

My alarm on my phone went off and I made my way to the front of the building

My alarm on my phone went off and I made my way to the front of the building. A shiny black Porsche was waiting and Bash was leaning on the side of it. When he saw me a smile appeared on his face. "Is that a Porsche 911 Turbo!" "Yeah. I take it you like cars?" "My dad did." He opened the door for me and I slid in the car. "Ready beautiful?" "Yeah, I'm ready."