Splashing

Vanessa's swimsuit for tanning

"Matty! Matty!" I yelled as I pushed through the crowds of people. "Ugh!" I yelled in frustration as my call was forwarded again. I was livid and there was going to be hell to pay. My eyes widened when I saw Matty wrapped around some random guy. I normally wouldn't care, but she was drunk and drunk Matty isn't okay.

I stomped over and tapped on the man's shoulder. "What?" He said rudely. "Um, she's drunk what do you think you're doing?" "Fuck off." He said and returned to kissing her. I Scoffed and tried to pull him off of her. He elbowed me in the face and I fell to the ground. I tasted the blood as it filled my mouth. I wiped my lip and stood up. I pressed with all of my strength on his pressure point and he fell to the ground.

"Hey! Why'd ya do that?" Matty yelled. I rolled my eyes and grabbed her hand. "you're such a bore." I ignored her as I grabbed the beach bag and walked towards the car. "Why are we leaving?" "Because Matty you don't make very good choices." "Oh gosh why are you bleeding?" "Matty just get in the car and shut up."

Once we got to the condo I unlocked the door and Matty stumbled inside. "Come on I'll help you in the shower." I turned on the bathroom light and then the shower. I helped her get undressed and then helped her in the shower. "You're such a good friend." She said as I rinsed her hair. I smiled and handed her a towel. She dried off and I handed her a big t-shirt.

"Goodnight Matt," I said as I turned her light out. "Nessa?" "Yeah?" "I love you." "I love you too now get some sleep." I closed her door and went to take a shower.

My alarm went off at seven a.m. and I didn't want to get up. I knew I had to because Matty would have a hangover. I trudged into the kitchen and made some bacon and eggs. I made her plate and laid out two Advil and a propell. Just as I sat her plate down I heard her puking. I sat down at the table and took a bite of my bacon. She walked into the dining room and closed the curtains.

She sat down and took the pills and drank the propell water. "Where are my eggs?" "Matty you need grease just eat the bacon." She sighed and took a bite. "What happened to your lip?" She asked with a mouthful. "You're making out buddy elbowed me." "Oh no, what did I do last night?" "Don't worry I saved you before you could do anything you'd really regret." "What happened after the guy elbowed you?" "Well, I knocked him out and took you home. Now get dressed because we're going to the beach and tanning. No partying, just swimming and tanning." "Nessa I don't feel like it." "Does it look like I care? You owe me so... Chop chop!" She sighed and slugged to her room.

I put on the bikini (reluctantly...) And then grabbed a towel and some sunscreen. "Let's go!" I yelled. Matty came out of her room and handed me her car keys. "You're driving." "I think we should walk. The beach is just right there." She lowered her sunglasses and gave me a blank look. "Are you trying to torture me?" I gave her a big smile and strutted out the door. "It's for the hideous swimsuits!" I yelled over my shoulder.

"Oh shut up the walk was only five minutes!" ", Well you don't have a hangover." I rolled my eyes and took my shoes off letting my feet hit the warm sand.

"Let's go for a swim!" I said while running towards the water. "You do that! I'll just lay here and um tan!" "Matty come on the water is warm!" She rolled her eyes and took off her glasses. I smiled and grabbed her hand and pulled her into the water. "Since when are you so energetic?" She asked. "Since it annoys you and now you get to know how I feel all of the time." A smile made its way on to her face and she pushed me. When I resurfaced I gaped at her. "Why did you do that? I didn't want to get my hair wet!" All Matty did was point her finger at me and laugh. I splashed her and she gasped, splashing me back.