Cor Contritum

"Brother?" I hadn't realized the resemblances until now. Kenzo had a look of shame on his face. "Kenzo?" I reached out to comfort him but he scooted away from my touch. "You should've told me. Now he has gained the strength to not only get in your mind but my pack's." "I'm sorry. I didn't want you to get hurt." I cried. "Don't you see that without you or my pack I'm nothing? My brother has managed to hurt you and a member of my pack! You made a selfish decision Vannessa!" "I know, I know and I'm sorry." "Just go while I try and clean up your mess." I knew that Kenzo wasn't in control and he had let his anger get the best of him. This whole thing was my fault so I sucked it up and took the yelling. I walked out of the room and ran back to mine.

I wiped my tears and sat on the edge of my bed. Kenzo is right, I was only thinking of how I would feel without him. I was selfish. I had to fix this...but how?

It was eleven p.m. and Kenzo was still gone. I was told that Gail was stable and that they managed to get all of the wolfsbane out of his system. I closed my eyes and held the tears in as I let sleep consume me.

His cold hands we're on my arms. I could feel his breath on my ear. "Hello, dear.." I clenched my jaw at the sound if his voice.  "You lied," I said with my eyes still closed. "You angered me and had to be punished." "How did I anger you? I did what you said?" I shouted. "Don't you see that I didn't want you to mate with him? I even had you raped so he'd find you repulsive." My eyes snapped open and I was met with his brown eyes. He had a disgustingly evil smile on his face.

"You son of a bitch," I replied slowly. This only made his smile widen. "Kenzo doesn't deserve to be happy, he deserves to suffer. And I have the perfect thing in mind." I gnashed my teeth together as I held back my tears. "Hasn't he suffered enough?" "Haha no! You will come with me and leave him." "I can't do that he will die!" He rolled his eyes. "Do you really think I'd let him off that easy? You will slip this into his drink and it will make him think that you rejected him. Like he never mated you. So he'll live, but he will be miserable." "Please don't.." "If you don't do it then someone else will get hurt.." "No! Fine, I'll do it!" He smiled and handed me a small vile of a deep red liquid. "Oh and don't touch it, it's toxic to humans..."

"Luna, Alpha wants to speak to you."  I nodded my head and walked into his office. There was a small lady that sat across from him. "Kenzo?" His eyes met mine and a look of sadness passed over his face. He suddenly had his arms wrapped around me. "I'm sorry, I said some terrible things yesterday, I was angry and I lost control." "I know, it's okay." He buried his face in my neck and held me. "Who is this?" I asked while looking at the woman. "This is the witch she is going to help us." "Could I speak with her alone please?" he gave me a curious look but nodded and walked out. I knew that he would be listening so I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. " So what's your name?" I asked as I wrote down a sentence.

I need you to tell me what this serum is. Whatever you do, Kenzo can't know about this.

She nodded her head "Eva."

I handed her the vile and she looked at it. "So how old are you?" "43." She replied. She opened the vile and smelt it. Her eyes widened and she quickly put the cap on the tube and handed it back to me. "Do you have children?" I asked as she wrote on the paper. "Yes, I have seven children." My eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Wow." She handed me the paper and I read it.

This is a very dangerous substance. It's called cor contrition and requires the blood of a broken heart. Whoever consumes this will be miserable... But there is a cure. How did you get this?

I knew that Kenzo had left by now thinking that our conversation was an innocent one.  "How I got it doesn't matter. I need you to help me slip this in his drink." She looked at me like I had just ripped a bunny's head off and ate it. "If you give this to him he will-" "think that I rejected him.. I know, but this way he won't die when I leave him," I interrupted. "Did Sedrick give this to you?" (Sedrick is Kenzo's brother's name. In case I didn't specify.)  I nodded my head. "I don't want to leave him but I can't think of myself in this situation. I did that last time and a little boy almost died. I have to leave him... Just please watch over him and encourage him to find someone else... This is for the best." "Best for who? It certainly isn't the best for you or Kenzo... Or the pack, they need a Luna." "Don't you see that Sedrick will kill them? This is for the best of the pack and Kenzo. Please just make them forget that we mated." I begged. Eva gave me a sad look and slowly nodded her head. "I will do my best child."

A/N
cor contritum- Broken Heart