chapter three

chapter 3 - these bottles turn me to somebody else

before i start this chapter, i just wanted to say i know how heartbroken we all are that woojin is leaving, so if anybody is upset and feels like they need someone to talk to, just know i'm here and my DMs are always open <3 #thankyouwoojin

this chapter is kinda long but it's important so i didn't want to split it up.

warning: this chapter includes underaged drinking (i believe korea's drinking age is 19, while the characters are 18)! I DO NOT condone underage drinking! i ain't a snitch tho

Friday had come and gone without much happening. Felix had attended his second day at the new school. He somehow managed to get lost on his way to chemistry, but was saved by Chan who came to his rescue. Chan saving Felix's ass was starting to become a reoccurring theme in his life.

The sun had just set over the city of Seoul, painting the sky a dull indigo hue with splashes of rose across the horizon line. Felix rested his temple against the window of Jisung's mom's minivan, watching as the streets slowly transitioned from skyscrapers that seemed to kiss the evening sky to smaller residential buildings. They had travelled a long way, about an hour, from the inner city.

"Shouldn't we have turned by now?" Jisung asked Jeongin, who had been given the task of navigation. Jisung's question was met with silence. "Jeongin?"

Chan, Felix, Jisung, and Hyunjin all turned to Jeongin, only to find that the boy was fast asleep with a line of drool trailing down his chin.

"This bitch..." Jisung scoffed, suddenly yanking the steering wheel of the minivan to perform a u-turn.

Felix held his breath and reached to grasp onto the handle above the window, only to find that it wasn't even there. Instead there was a strip of duct tape covering the hole where the handle once was.

So this was how he was going to die, in the back of Jisung's beat-up minivan. Honestly, it was kind of disappointing. He had always hoped to go out with somewhat of a bang.

Jeongin was jolted awake by the movement of the car, his eyes darting around as the outside world blurred around them.

"Oh my god we're going to die, we're going to die," Jeongin cried as he hid behind his hands.

"Relax," Jisung said as he straightened out the steering wheel. "See, that wasn't so bad, was it? I'm telling you guys, I'm a god at driving. I should start a GoFundMe to jumpstart my Nascar career."

After ten more minutes of struggling to find the correct house that the party was being held at, they finally arrived at a small walk-up apartment building with many cars parked out in front of it. Jisung attempted to parallel park, only missing the car in front of them by about an inch.

The group got out and walked into the building. There were a few people hanging out in the stairway holding drinks which suggested that the boys were at the right place. Up the stairs and to the right there was a door to an apartment that was being held open by a garbage can. Felix followed behind his friends as they filed into the apartment.

A boy immediately came up to Hyunjin, excitedly pulling him away and into another corner of the apartment before Felix could even hear what the two said to each other.

A group of girls and guys cheered when they saw Jisung, who ran over and squished his way between two boys that were sitting on the couch. Jeongin trailed behind Jisung and then jumped onto the laps of all the boys that were sitting on the couch.

That left Felix and Chan, who put his hand on the younger's shoulder and guided him into the kitchen. He picked up a can of beer from a massive bucket of ice water on the floor and tossed it to Felix, who almost dropped it in the process of catching it.