23

3rd Person POV

"Wait guys," Wyatt said mid crunch of a chip, "where's Finn?"

"Shit!" Sophia cursed.

Chosen rolled his eyes even though the only person who could see him was Jeremy. Chosen was sitting on the edge of the counter with his back facing the kitchen, which was where Sophia was searching for food and Wyatt and Jaeden were sharing mac and cheese. Jeremy was sitting on a barstool facing the kitchen and had previously been in conversation with Chosen about how weird dairy was.

"Relax," Chosen groaned, "it's not like we have to babysit him. We are all friends here."

"No," Sophia had given up on her food search, "we are friends, but Finn and Jack aren't and the last time they were alone things got physical!"

"Well, we sent Jack to the pantry for food," Jeremy spoke up, "but now that you mention it, it has been a solid amount of time since he went in..."

Wyatt cursed, "we sent Finn in there too."

All of their heads turned towards the pantry.

"Hey guys what's up?"

The kids looked the other way towards who had spoken.

"Finn?"

"I swear I sent you into the pantry," that was Wyatt, voicing the confusing everyone felt.

Finn just sighed and shrugged his shoulders, "had to take a piss."

"Who has been hiding the fucking loaves of bread?" Jack said emerging from the pantry causing everyone to turn back around.

Fucking whiplash.

Jack and Finn met eyes and instantly looked away, but pink had already risen to both of their cheeks.

"It was Jaeden," Wyatt accused causing Jaeden to smack his arm.

"You dick! You're the one who just tosses anything you don't want to deal with in the closet!"

Wyatt turned pink and a playful banter interrupted between the two.

Jack let out a sigh, their plan had worked. Finn had snuck out past everyone will they were panicking and then emerged when he was in the clear. It baffled them both how no one had seen them, at least that was what they had thought. I mean someone would have said something if they saw Finn crouching and darted through the kitchen.

But Chosen had, and Chosen didn't say anything. He was confused sure, beyond suspicious, but he wasn't going to cause more drama.

"Alright well, I'm going to grab some food from the pantry," Finn said and walked back towards the pantry.

Chosen raised a brow, but again he didn't say anything. He did, however, turn to look at Jack who held a small smirk. Interesting...

Jack started making himself a sandwich. Chosen noticed a bit more pep in Jack and how Finn seemed to pass too closely to Jack as he walked to the pantry.

Interesting....

Chosen liked mysteries, and this one seemed particularly juicy. So he decided to gather more information, but in the most inconspicuously way possible.

Sophia was just relieved that Finn and Jack hadn't been fighting. Jeremy was wondering why Chosen was blanking out. Wyatt and Jaeden were still playfully fighting.

"You've eaten over half of it!"

"I'm a growing boy!"

"Aww, little Jaeden hasn't hit puberty yet!"

They were shoving each other just from their shoulders that were touching, trying to get the other to fall over.

And Jack was grinning to himself as he prepared a subpar sandwich.

-----

After lunch the losers decided to play some games but soon realized that the only thing they had was some cards. Good enough.

They all sat in a circle--Sophia made sure Jack and Finn didn't sit by each other. Which meant that Chosen was sitting next to Jack and across from him was Finn. Which meant that Jack and Finn could easily secretly communicate.

"Does everyone know how to play Poker?" Wyatt asked.

Everyone had nodded and the game started.

"Watch out," Wyatt grinned, "I'm really good at lying."

Jaeden elbowed him--they were sitting with their knees touching, basically on top of each other, "It's called bluffing you dipshit, and you're the worst at it."

Wyatt just rolled his eyes.

"I think I'll be fine bluffing," Jack had muttered it to himself, but Chosen had heard.

He looked over to Finn who was staring at Jack, completely in a daze. It hardly looked like Finn knew they were even playing poker.

"Finn," Chosen snapped Finn back to reality, "are you good at bluffing?"

Finn cleared his throat, "uh.." everyone had their gaze on him and he nervously glanced to Jack, "I'll deal."

Chosen smirked, more clues.

------

Feedback?

Also I hit 1k reads...I'm freakingg pumped!!!!

AND this story is #10 in the reddie tag as of rn, which I find ironic since this is a fack story...I mean there was one scene where they were their characters but...