•t h i r t e e n

The One With The Proposal And The Reunion pt3

It was Sunday dinner at the Richardson's today. We were all sitting in the living room when Drake gets up to make the announcement.

"We have something to tell you guys." He says. Naomi comes to stand next to us and Drake take Ryan from Kingston. We take of our hoodies and reveal the tshirts. Screams erupt from my sisters when the figure out what they mean.

"You're having twins" Kiana says before she starts crying. That makes me cry. Bloody hormones. Everyone comes to hug us and congratulate us.

"That's not all though." Drake says. Kingston takes Ryan from him and they share a knowing look.

"Uhmmm. 11 months ago I was accepted into this loud amazing family. 11 months ago I was introduced to a beautiful, short, feisty woman that has made me the happiest person ever. She's an amazing mother. An amazing partner. And amazing sister. She's just an amazing person in general." He gets down on one knee and my heart stops beating a little. "And I don't think I would have been able to handle fatherhood without her. I don't want to imagine life without her, Kenya Nicole Smith, would you do me the honor of being my lifetime partner?" He finishes with glasses in his eyes.

"Yes. Yes. YES!!!" I scream as he puts the ring on my finger. Scaring Jackson and Ryan a little.

"That's what she said." London says. I blush at the meaning and everyone other adult laughs. I stare at the ring. It's a beautiful rose gold band with a round black diamond in the center with smaller white diamonds around it.

Dinner after that was just amazing.

It's been 2 days since the proposal and 2 days before our one year anniversary. It's crazy to think of all the things that have happened in 365 days. At the moment I was getting ready for work. Even though Drake doesn't want me to go to work, I have to as that business is my first child. I get dressed in a white blouse and pair it with a maroon skirt and black block heels. I decide on no make up and I leave my hair in its natural state. Once I've eaten breakfast which was a slice of toast with a fried egg, bacon and a slice of cheese, I head out the door. Drake said he wanted to take the kids to school.

I get in the GLE AMG and embark on the hour journey to work. An hour later I am parked in my reserved area. On my way to my office I greet workers and they greet me. I get on my private elevator and head to the 20th floor. I need to select a acting CEO for when I go on maternity leave. Random inspection it is. I ask my secretary to put my bag in my office before I head to the elevator to begin my inspection. I decide to start in the accounting department on the 7th floor.

2 hours later I head back to my office as my feet were beginning to hurt. I get off the elevator and I head to Sarah my secretary.

"Sarah. Please ask Sandy from HR to come see me after lunch."

"Yes mam. There's a Wilhelmina Smith to see you." The fuck.

"Kenya." I turn around to see my mother sitting in the waiting area looking as proper as ever. You wouldn't think the lady in front of me was a drug addict.

"Mother. Follow me. Sarah hold my meetings and phone calls please." We head into my office and I take off my heels before sitting behind my desk.

"Have a seat mother. What brings you to LA?"

"I came to see you guys. Do you mind calling your sisters?"

"Sure." I send them a text telling them I fell at work. In 10 minutes they were both in my office.

"Are you... What the fuck?!" London says still clad in her scrubs.

"Really Ken. Really?"

"I knew y'all wouldn't come if I told you why I needed you here."

"London. Kiana."

"Wilhelmina." They say simultaneously.

"What do you want?" Kiana asks.

"I came to apologise to you guys." She says.

"Two decades late, mom." London says.

"I know and I'm sorry. When your father left it was tough. I hadn't worked since before I had London. Now having to go back to work with a fifteen year old and 2 kids under 1, it was hard but I kept it together until I couldn't anymore. I had to get away. Drugs gave me that escape. I looked forward to my next high every single time. It got so bad that I'd do anything to keep it going. And I left. And I didn't care that I had kids, i just wanted the high. I've been sober 10 years now. I've just never had the courage to come and look for you guys. London, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. No 21 year old deserves that type of responsibility. As fucked up as I was. I was at your graduation. My baby, valedictorian. You too Kenya and Kiana. I always knew y'all were smart and that y'all were destined for more than the projects. I sucked at being a mother but I raised y'all well I..."

"Now that's where you're wrong. London raised us. You and daddy ain't done shit. London was a better mother than you ever were. London is the mother we look up too. The way she raised is, is the way we are raising our children. You just gave birth to us. And I thank you for that. But that's about all you get." Kiana says.

"Ken, I'll see you on Sunday." Kiana says before she walks out.

"I have a baby to deliver so I got to go." London says and follows after Keyana.

"Kenya, help me. Please." My mom begs.

"I wish I could, but you know how stubborn they are. Mom I have a business to run so if you don't mind." I give her my business card with my personal number written on the back.

"Call me for lunch sometime." With that she leaves and I get back into business mode.

"Sarah, please send in my next appointment." I ask.

"Yes, Ms. Smith."