•t e n

The One With The Explaining and Explosions.

I woke up to a sight I didn't think I'd see for at least a year or two. Drake had Ryan in his arms and her was staring at her intently. Just by that look on his face, you could see the unconditional love he has for that little girl in his arms.

"Morning babe."

"Hey. Is it weird that I can't imagine my life without her? I mean I would die for her." I get out of bed and walk towards them.

"No it's not. That's what parenthood does to you. Have you tried skin to skin contact?"

"No. What's that?"

"Have a seat." I take her from him as he sits down. I take her to the bed and take off the crawler she had on. I then gently place her on Drake's chest. Drake never wears a t-shirt when he sleeps. The moment I place her on his chest she falls back to sleep. Drake securely places his hands on her back, releasing a couple of tears. I take that as my cue to leave.

"Morning Nai." I find her standing outside our room.

"Morning mama."

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to check on Ryan. Is she awake?"

"No baby. Drake just put her to sleep. You're such a good big sister." With that she smiles and hugs me tightly.

"Thank you mommy."

"No problem babe. Go get ready for breakfast."

She heads into the bathroom and I head downstairs to get breakfast started. At 07h30, after minutes of convincing Drake and Naomi to leave they make it out the door leaving me and Ryan together.

I wanted to go to the mall but Ryan and I ended up taking a nap after her breakfast, so we ended up shopping online. Most things would arrive tomorrow morning but clothes and nappies would arrive later on today. One minute I was shopping for baby things next thing I know I'm looking at houses. My search is cut short when my phone rings.

London Smith.

"Hey."

"What the hell is that?"

"Its a baby."

"Who's baby? I saw you like 3 days ago."

"Add Kiana to the call, so I can tell y'all at the same time." After 3 rings she picks up.

"What do y'all want? This better be... Who's kid is that?" Kiana asks.

"Hello to you too." I say. "Its Drake's."

"Drake got a kid?!" London exclaims.

"Since when?" Kiana asks.

"Well..." After being on the phone for 2 and a half hours, London had a surgery and Jackson had woken up from his nap. Ryan also took this time to wake up.

"Let's go bath and fetch your sister at school."

We head out the house at around 13h55. The drive from Drake's to Naomi's school is longer than from my house about 50 minutes away. So I'd arrive 15 minutes before school comes out. But due to LA traffic, we arrived at 3 on the dot.

"Hey baby."

"Hi Mommy. Hi Ryan." Once she's buckled up, I was about to drive off when Naomi's teacher stands by my window.

"Ms. Smith. May I have a word with you?"

"Sure." I go park properly before grabbing the stroller in the truck. I put Ryan in her stroller and we all head to Naomi's class.

"Ms. Williams, is this serious?"

"It is. I didn't know you had another child."

"With all due respect it's none of your business. Should Naomi's father be here?"

"I called him. His on his way." I rolled my eyes as Miles is never on time for anything.

"Nai. Watch your sister. I'm going to the car."

"Okay."

I grab the diaper bag in the car and I bump into Miles on my way back to the classroom.

"That's a beauty." He says looking at my white 2019 BMW M X5.

"Thanks."

"What's the diaper bag for?"

"For Ryan."

"Who's Ryan?"

"Drake's daughter."

"Oh okay. What's the meeting about?"

"Don't know. We were waiting for you."

"Thanks for coming at such short notice." Ms. Williams says.

"Well. Naomi is way too intellectually gifted to be in the 1st grade."

"What do you mean?"

"According to the test she took recently she..."

"Wait what test?" I interrupted.

"Mr. Wilson approved of the IQ test she wrote a week ago."

"You did what?"

"I didn't think you'd mind."

"Listen Miles. She's OUR daughter not YOUR daughter. And as her mother, shit goes by me first."

"She's my daughter too you know."

"You can't just come in after 7 years and feel obligated to make such decisions, without talking to me first. I'm sick and tired of not knowing things about my daughter or her safety. I'll see you in court." I grab the diaper bag, the stroller and Naomi before leaving the school. Little did she know that she had walked right into his plan.

Miles' POV

After Kenya's departure, Miles winks at the teacher and leaves. We he gets to his car he calls Samantha.

"She's taking me to court."

"Dumb bitch. Have your brother prepare for the hit."

"We're about to be so fucken rich. You're such a genius babe."

"I know." He hangs up and speeds away from the school. My plan was a great one but it had its flaws. Having missed 7 years of Naomi's life and practically depending on Kenya might not work in my favor but that's where Sam's brother comes in.