•f i v e

The One With The Chance Encounter.

Drake's POV

It's been 3 days since I met Kenya and I can't seem to get her off my mind. She's just amazing, from her brown manes of curls to her smooth caramel skin, just everything about her. The elevator door open, it's then I notice Kiana. Maybe she knows about Kenya.

"Hey Kiana."

"Hey Drake."

"How are you?"

"I'm good just really busy, talk too you at lunch?" She walks away before I could object. If she won't help me I'm going to take matters into my own hands. I get off the next stop, heading to my office with one goal in mind. After what felt like hours of nodding and smiling at people but was just more minutes, I arrived at my office.

Powering up my laptop I get to work. I head into the Google search engine but halt mid type, you don't know her last name, nitwit. Right? But how many Kenya's could there possibly be in the city of Los Angeles. So with that small ounce of faith, I type in Kenya, LA, California. Less than a millisecond later I get results but in that moment I felt the need to give up. 1 000 000 results.

I click on the first link and it sends me to a company website. A company owned by a Kenya Smith. Could it be her? I try look for a picture but don't find any. I'll find her, one way or another.

Kenya's POV

"No! No! NO!" I scream for the hundredth time. I was in the middle of a recruitment meeting for the modeling agency under the Corporation.

"What the fuck am I paying you for? Find me better models!" I roar with frustration before grabbing my bag and heading out the door. So glad I wore block heels today, storming out is so much easier. I've been so frustrated these past 3 days. I blame it on Kiana's engagement party. That guy.... what's his name again? Drake was it? He infuriated me but he intrigued me.

Once in the elevator, my phone started ringing, I dig for it in my Chanel bag. Where the hell is that phone? Just before it stops I get ahold of it. Kiana Smith.

"Hey, Kia."

"Hey. You busy?"

"No, why?"

"Just about to head to a late lunch, wanna join?"

"Sure. I'll come pick you up in 15,okay?"

"Cool."

She hangs up the phone just as the elevator opens. I head to my reserved parking and get into my 1976 Dodge Charger. My 2nd pride and joy after Naomi.

25 minutes later I arrived at Kiana's office. Don't blame me, blame the infamous LA traffic. I opt for fetching her instead of texting. I grab my phone and head out the car. I walk towards the entrance, greeting the security guard before looking at my phone when I bumped into a hard chest. A nice firm chest at that.

"YOU!" We say simultaneously. Standing in front of me was the 6 something tall glass of drinking water that was the cause of my frustration.

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"I came to fetch my sister for lunch, what are you doing here?"

"I work here. Who's your sister?"

"Hey Ken. Drake. Am I missing something here?" Kiana says.

"We met at the party. Anyway bye. Kia let's go." I drag her out of the lobby, out the door and into the parking lot.

"What was that all about?" She inquires once we are in the car.

"I don't want to talk about it. We have to pick Naomi up from school first, okay?"

"No problem. But you guys would make a good couple. You compliment each other."

"I said I don't want to talk about it."

"Jeez, okay."

The topic was dropped and the rest of the day went by rather relaxed and smoothly. Thankfully Drake was out of mind for good. Or so I thought because the last thing I expected today was messages from him.

Unknown: Hey its Drake. I'm not a stalker I practically had to beg Kiana for your number.

Unknown: I wanted to apologise for what I said by taking you out to dinner, or lunch, or coffee. I mean what ever floats your boat.

Unknown: Please don't ignore me.

Unknown: I mean I'm actually begging. Please.

First of all, Kiana needs a punch in the boob. Secondly, the last guy to beg like this was Miles. Thirdly,  somehow my curiosity is outweighing my anger. Which leads me to send the one word answer that I might regret later but willing to take the chance.

I press the call button and after 3 rings, he answers.

"I honestly thought you would ignore me, so this is unexpected. Uhmm, hi."

"Hi, I don't know why I called actually." I say.

"Well, let me start by apologizing. That was a dick move. A shitty way to make a move on you. I'm sorry."

"It really was. You were doing really good until you opened your mouth." In the back of my mind all I can think of is, despite what he said, I'm drawn to him.

"Is that so? Damn. Have I ruined my chances for good or is their still room to knock you off your feet?"

"I don't know. I mean I haven't even accepted your apology so, I don't know if there is still hope for you."

"How about I convince you over dinner?" You can hear the smile on his face. Overconfident much.

"Its a date." With that I hang up and fan girl around my room before getting ready for bed. As I'm getting in bed I get a notification.

Unknown: Tomorrow. 8PM. You tell me where and I'll be there.

Kenya: Felicita. See you there.