•e l e v e n

The One With The Baby Daddy Drama.

One month later.

Today was the day I take Miles to court. My attorney and I have been gathering information and she feels like we have a solid case. Naomi and Ryan are staying with London and Kiana since we don't know how long we'll be in court.

"You ready babe." Drake asks.

"I guess. Let's go." We get into the Mustang GT 5.0 and embark on the life changing journey to the courthouse.

5 hours later.

"Thank you so much, Rosalynn. You have no idea how much this means to me." After 5 hours in court with no break, we won the case. I won full custody of Naomi. Miles can see her and she can go visit him but only when I approve. On top of all that the adoption process was finalized. Ryan is finally my daughter. Drake, Rosalynn and I were standing near the parking lot when the next thing I heard was a gun going off. Drake pulls me down and we duck. When we get up thinking the coast is clear we hear another gun go off along with glass breaking and a sharp pain in my right shoulder. It took a while for me to register the pain and the situation. I look at my shoulder to see my white dress covered in blood.

"Babe. Are you okay?" Drake asks worried.

"YOU BITCH. YOU AND THAT BASTARD. YOU RUINED MY PLAN. YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE. I SHOULD'VE AIMED HIGHER!!!!!" Miles exclaims from far behind me. I think. I lose my balance a little and Drake catches me.

"Stay awake babe. Stay awake." He says with tears in his eyes.

"The ambulance is on the way." Rosalynn says. There was a lot going on around me. As time passed it got harder and harder for me to stay awake. And eventually after minutes of trying I finally succumbed to the darkness.

Drake's POV

26 year old entrepreneur and business woman, Kenya Smith was shot outside the LA courthouse this afternoon. A source claims that Smith was shot by her baby daddy, Miles Wilson after she had won full custody of their 7 year old daughter. The source also claims that Wilson wished to have killed Smith and not injured her. I am Lisa Martin and this is Channel 67 News.

It's been 2 hours since we got to the hospital. 2 hours and I've heard nothing. London and Kingston just arrived 30 minutes ago. Keyana and Michael are at home with the kids. My babies. I'm brought out of my daydream when Kingston hands me a cup of coffee.

"Thanks." I say and I just play with the hot cup in my hands.

"No problem. What's going through your head?"

"I can't lose her man. She's my everything. I was planning on proposing soon."

"She'll be fine. Just think positive. And you'll still be able to propose when she wakes up."

"Family of Kenya Smith." London gets up first as Kingston and I were further away.

"Ahhh, Dr. Smith-Daniels. Who are they?"

"My husband and my sister's boyfriend."

"Okay. Well, Ms. Smith will be fine but she'll have to endure two months of physiotherapy as the bullet tore a muscle but other than that she'll be fine. She'll also have a small scar on the back of her shoulder. Luckily the bullet was not a through and through. You may go see her in 10 minutes, she might be awake then." The doctor informs us of her room number and is off.

She's okay. She's okay. Relax man. She's good. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. A police officer comes over to us when the doctor walks away.

"Mr. Jordan. May we have a word with you?" He asks.

"Sure."

"We'd like statement please." I recite to them what happened. After an hour much to my annoyance, he gets up to leave. But not before saying he'll be back to ask Kenya for a statement.

I head to reception to ask where's Kenya. He tells me and I practically run in that direction. When I arrive at the door, I open it and see her pale looking skin. Her right shoulder is bandaged and she has an IV connected to her other arm. Her curls still looked alive and full her hazel eyes still as bright as ever.

"Hey." She says weakly.

"We'll leave you two alone. Kiana and Michael are coming with the kids." London says as she and Kingston leave the room.

"Thanks Lo." Kenya says. With that we are left alone.

"I was so worried. I couldn't imagine a life without you anymore." She chuckles a little.

"Relax Jordan. You're not getting rid of me that easily." I laugh a little too.

"Come here." She makes some room for me on her bed. I go and I cuddle next to her the best I can without injuring her.

"I would never ever leave you and those girls. We're stuck together for life." I kiss her after that. The kiss is interrupted by the officer who took my statement earlier.

"Ms. Smith. I'm officer Carter. May we ask you a few questions?"

"Sure." An hour later he was done and before leaving he says, "Mr. Wilson has been arrested for attempted murder. Sentencing is scheduled for 2 days from today." He nods a little and bids a fair well.

"We're going to be just fine." I say as she drifts off to sleep.

2 days later, a detective visits us at the hospital to explain what they had found during their investigation.

"Mr. Jordan. Ms. Smith. May I have a word with you?" He asks looking at London. She gets up.

"Let me get back to work. I'll see you after the Evans baby is born, okay?"

"Yeah. Come in Detective." Kenya says.

"Ms. Smith, do you know a Samantha Roberts?"

"Uhmm, no. I don't think so. I do know a Samantha though. Miles's girlfriend."

"That's Ms. Roberts. Mr. Wilson and Ms. Roberts along with her brother have been conspiring to kill you. The plan was to kill you, take Naomi and use her to access the funds she would inherit after your death. We were able to apprehend Ms. Roberts but her brother is still at large. I'll keep you posted on any developments."

"That son of a bitch!" Kenya says, making her heart monitor go crazy.

"Babe, calm down. Your fine. Naomi's fine. Its okay." She calms down but she looks distant.

"What's on your pretty lady?"

"I was always skeptical about Miles. After I bought Wilson and Sons, I put my sister and beneficiaries' on my will. London would get custody of Nai, and when she came of age she'd inherit the business. I knew he'd try something. I just knew it."

"Damn. Well, that's past us now babe. Okay?"

"Okay."