•f o u r

The One With The Reunion pt.2

It's been 2 days since my conversation with Naomi, and an hour before she meets Miles. He requested to have a one on one with her, at first I was skeptical but Kiana and London convinced me to agree, which I eventually did but reluctantly. Miles asked me to drop her off at his office since he had a short meeting before hand.

"You ready, mama?" She asks me, pulling me out of my haze.

"Yeah. Are you?"

"Yeah, but I'm kind of nervous."

"Why?" I ask curiously.

"What if we don't get along?"

I laugh a little before replying. "You and your father are two peas in a pod. You're basically one person."

"I hope so."

We drive in silence and I can see her fiddle with her hands, a habit she gets from her dad. 20 minutes later we arrive at Miles' office. We get out the car and head inside.

"Good Afternoon. Welcome to Wilson and Son. How may I help you?" The receptionist says with a forced smile. She's wearing the skimpiest top that makes her boobs look like they are about to topple out of the top. She looks Naomi up and down and that's when I lose my shit.

"Excuse me, I don't care what the fuck your problem is but look at my daughter like she's below you one more time imma shove that nail file so far down your throat you gon' have to stick your nasty ass hand up your ass to file 'em. Now I'd like to see Mr Wilson, please."

"7th floor mam." She says with fear evident in her voice.

"Thank you. Have a nice day." I smile and walk off.

"That's $15 dollars in the swear jar,mama. I think you need a time out." She says, making me laugh. We get to the elevator and head to the 7th. Once our destination is reached, the doors open and the person if front of the elevator is none other than Miles himself.

"Naomi."

"Da... Dad." She says sprinting towards him with so much force that they topple onto the ground. People around the office stare in awe and I shed a couple of tears. As the embrace each other, I begin to see the resemblance between the two of them. The blonde hair. blue-greyish eyes. The English nose. The slight hint of freckles under the eyes and on the nose.

"Thanks for bringing her. She'll be home at 19h30. I'm guessing bed time is at 20h00?"

"Yes, it is. No sugar after 7. No matter how much she begs. She has your persuasion skills." I say to Miles laughing and reminiscing a little.

"Bye, baby. Have fun okay." I kiss her on the forehead, hugging her as if I'll never see her again.

I let go and she runs towards her father and the walk hand in hand to what I presume is his office. I took that as a cue to leave. Once I reach the lobby, the rude receptionist approaches me. This heifer thinks I was joking. She finna get her ass whopped today.

"I'd like to apologise Ms. Smith. I was wrong to disrespect you and your daughter like that." Wait, what? I was not expecting that.

"No problem." I walk out the building and decide to head to work to get a couple of hours in before having to go to my final fitting for my dress to Kiana's engagement party tomorrow.

The next day.

Two hours before Kiana's engagement party and I have no idea what to do with my hair and make up. After 30 minutes of debating I finally decided on a messy bun for hair and burgundy and gold for make up. Hair and make up took an hour and 15 minutes. I slip the burgundy strapless dress on. I accessorise it with a thin gold belt around my waist, with gold strappy heels. I grab my gold clutch put my necessities in it and head downstairs.

"Naomi. We're late let's go."

"I've been ready. I've been waiting for you indecisive Sandy."

"Whatever. Let's go."

We arrived at the Robinson Mansion 30 minutes later. I'm in awe at the beauty of this house. But I don't understand why it's so big when there are only two people living in it. It's a three storey building. Once I'm down admiring the beautiful yet unnecessarily large building, I head inside. Its then I realise that Naomi isn't by my side, I see her wide mane of blonde curls running around with her cousins and other kids on the lawn in front of the fountain. Once I know she's safe I head futher inside the building. I embark on the search for my sisters, on the way I greet and talk to people. I see some members of my board, some competitors, this is why I hate such events. It's no longer a celebration, it turns into a business conference of some sort.

While searching I bump into someone's chest, I stumble a little but a strong, muscular arm stops me from falling.

"I'm so sorry. Thank you." I look up from fixing myself to see the sexiest man I've ever seen. Well after Idris Elba, Corey Caliet and Steelo Brim. He's tall. Like really tall. He's got this smooth looking caramel skin. He's muscles are bulging out of his tuxedo. Mama like what she sees.

"No problem. Drake."

"Kenya." Just as I say that some else calls my name at the same time.

"London."

"You're late and we have an emergency."

She drags me away from Drake without even acknowledging him. That could have been the father of my next child, and you ruined it. She drags me up the stairs into one of the many rooms, gracing me with a very emotional Kiana with make up smudged, her messy up do, purposely messy and a torn dress.

"What happened? You looked fine an hour ago."

"She throw up on her dress." London says while looking for a dress in the closet.

"Why? Stomach bug?"

"Nope. I'm pregnant." I look up from trying to fix her hair.

"What!!!"

"Yep. I'm 4 months pregnant." Her tears begin falling even more.

"Babe, what's wrong? A baby is a great thing. Naomi is the best thing to ever happen to me. I'm sure London feels the same about Luke and Ashley. Embrace it, okay."

"You're right. I guess its the hormones."

After the pep talk, London and I fixed up Kiana and headed downstairs. During dinner I was placed next to Drake, which was a good and bad thing. Good because well I found him attractive. Bad because I didn't think he'd be such a narcissistic asshole. Because at the end of the night my attraction for him went down the drain.

"I see that white ass kid of yours. Are you into old white men or something? Are you the type to sleep your way to the top? Cause only people that have made it in life are here." Drunk or not, motherfucker you finna get your ass kicked. With nothing but a punch to the nose, I leave the house, grabbing Naomi on the way.