•t h r e e

The One With The Time Lapse.

6 months later.

It's been 6 months since the Smith sisters reconnected. And what a 6 months it's been. Kiana got engaged to her longtime boyfriend, Michael. They met at school while studying. He's your typical rich boy, but he ain't cocky or anything. As a matter of fact his a sweetheart. As long as she's happy I'm happy. Naomi turned 7. What a joyous day that was. A voice cuts me out of my daydream. I was in the middle of a meeting to discuss a possible merger between Smith Communications and Wilson and Sons.

"Ms. Smith, what do you think?" The lady who's name I already forgot.

"Uhmm, where's your boss?" I inquired. I hated companies that bought representatives. If your that interested why don't you show up?!

"Uhmm, Mr. Wilson is on his way mam?" She said clearly nervous. Wilson. Wilson. Don't I know a Wilson?

"Well, we'll wa..."

"Sorry, I'm late. Traffic.

The face in front of me brings back so many memories. I didn't know whether to kiss him or slap him across the face. But instead 2 years flashed through my mind. My first kiss. First love. First time. The father of my first child. Miles Wilson. I hadn't seen Miles since I told him I'm pregnant. He still looked good even after 7 years. He's blonde hair still as blonde as ever. The blue grey eyes I fell in love with stared directly at me.

"Kenya."

"Miles." After a minute or two of shock I return to my business mode.

"You're 30 minutes late. I have other things to do so may we proceed." I say staring at him and what I presumed is the company lawyer.

"Sure."

2 hours later the meeting was ajourend. They made a compelling presentation but I like playing hard to get with possible partners. I also liked sleeping on it and consulting my team to get their opinions.

"Compelling presentation and I'll think about it. We'll keep in touch." I say and make my way out the door.

"Kenya, may I speak to you for a moment?" Miles stops me.

"I have some where to be in an hour and I still have things to do so hurry."

"Okay. It's good to see you. You look great."

"Thanks. Is that all?"

"No. Uhmmmm, how's Naomi?"

"Now you wanna know about her."

"Look I was stupid and immature back then. I'm sorry you had to do it on you own. I mean it must have been difficult. You can come work for me as compensation."

"Why, would I do that?"

"Well, you work as an assistant don't you? You could be my assistant. I'll triple your pay and all that."

"You'd go broke if you had to triple my salary."

"Try me." He says with a smirk so wide, slapping it off was the highlight of my day.

"All you need to know is that I own this company. Your monthly salary is how much I make in an hour. Your company is so insignificant I could buy it and the dent on my bank account would not be noticeable. I'm not the dumb, immature 16 year old I once was Miles. So if you don't mind, I have better things to do with my time." I say and walk away into the elevator. The face I see as the doors close make all the pain I endured worth it.

Later in the day.

"Mommy."

"Yeah." I look up from my laptop to give Nai my full attention.

"What happened to my dad?" Shit. She wasn't supposed to ask that question for another 8 years or so.

"Your dad... he's around."

"Why isn't he here? Did I do something wrong?"

"No baby, you didn't. Come let me tell you something." I close my laptop and move closer to her by the dining room table.

"I met your dad when I was 16 and we were friends first, until we weren't. Things were good until they weren't anymore. Towards the end of senior year, he started acing weird. And then I found out I was pregnant with you. We decided that we should both go collect as much love as we can for you. I just collected it quicker than your dad. Why the sudden interest in your dad?"

"Because your the only one between your sisters that doesn't have a boyfriend." She says. I laugh and pull her on my lap, tickling her. This causes her to break out in a pit of laughter.

"What do you know about boyfriends, Miss mam?"

"MAMA, STOP!. I'M GOING TO PEE MYSELF!." She says in between laughs. I stop after a while. Once recovered from her laughter she looks at her hands.

"What's wrong baby?" I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Do you think daddy has enough love for me now?" She asks, still not looking at me.

"I think so. Do you want to meet him?"

"Yeah!!"

"Alrighty then." She

"Awesome. I'm going to go tell Bianca." She runs out the dining room and up the stairs.

No matter how much Miles hurt me, my daughter's happiness outweighs any pain I could ever go through. So putting my pride aside, I go grab the business card Miles left with my receptionist after our meeting.

The call connects before I could change my mind.

"She wants to meet you."