•e p i l o g u e

The One 5 Years Into The Future

"Austin Reign Jordan. Get your back here." I shout. Austin, the older and naughtiest of the twins, is currently running around the house naked.

A lot has happened in 5 years. Let me break it down.

Kiana and Michael had 2 more kids. Paris Anne born a year after Austin and Dallas. Jasmine Lee born 2 years after the twins. They ended up having to move back to Chicago after she was born, Kiana wouldn't say why but I didn't want to pry. They still come down every holiday and summer so I'm not complaining.

London and Kingston recently celebrated 17 years of marriage. They also decided to adopt a beautiful baby girl, India Rose. The twins are getting ready for college, so I think the baby was to avoid getting empty nest syndrome. But London was destined for motherhood.

My mom went missing again. But this time around no one was surprised. Turns out she's married with a son. I was so angry when I found out. She abandoned us to go start a new family. But then Drake made me realise that it wasn't worth the energy. We also found out that daddy passed away 8 years ago. He was homeless and was a Jane doe for a couple of years. How he was identified was beyond me.

Bianca got married to her long term girlfriend after the twins were born. She still watches the kids but not full time as she and her wife are trying to conceive a child of their own.

On to Drake and I. We were going strong. There were little fight here and there but nothing major. Naomi is 13 now. She was tall and lean now, thanks to the soccer she still plays. Despite her intelligence, she opted to stay with her age group instead of being progressed. Unfortunately her father committed suicide in prison a year ago. She says she's okay but I know it affects her. London recommends I watch her and let her be until she needs my help.

Drake and I were talking about finishing the adoption process. It was stalled for some odd reason. I mean Naomi does call Drake her dad, so it's only fitting to make it official. Ryan is 6 and is as feisty as ever. Having met Amara a hand full of times, Ryan is exactly like her mom. We ended up giving Amara visitation rights but she was always to busy living her life to remember her daughter.

The boys were just something else. Austin was a pain in the butt. He was just a rebel. He looked exactly like his father. From the eyes to the nose, he was Drake's exact replica. Dallas on the other hand was a mommy's boy. He had a mixture of Drake and I's features. He had my eyes, hair color and facial structure and he had Drake's nose, lips and ears. While his brother was loud and energetic, he was quiet and calculated. Despite their differences, the were inseparable.

Life has just been hectic but it's only about to get worse because I think I might be pregnant. At first I thought it was a stomach bug but I've had 3 kids, I think I am.

"Drake. Please come get your son. I need to use the bathroom."

"Why is he my son when he misbehaves?" He asks with a butt naked 5 year old on his shoulder.

"Because he got it from you. Your momma says you were just as naughty." I say as I head into the bathroom. I lock the door so Drake won't come in. We've gotten so comfortable with each other over the past 5 years, it's just weird to some people and normal to us. I pee on the stick and wait 5 minutes. When the timer goes off I grab the stick and it reads: Pregnant. 2 months. Oh no. Not again.

I flush the toilet. Place the stick on a paper towel before washing my hands and heading out the bathroom. I go search for Drake in the twins room. He isn't in there so I go search in the playroom and luckily everyone is there.

"Drake. Naomi. Ryan. Dallas. And the child I swear was switched at the hospital, guess what?" I ask when I find him sitting on a small chair having tea with Ryan. I chuckle at the sight of this 6 ft 3 in giant sitting at a table made for 5 year olds. Drake and Naomi give me their full attention while the young ones started at me for a split second before going back to what they were doing.

"We're having another baby." I say and reveal the pregnancy test from behind my back.

"Yaaaaay." The little ones scream all at once. Now you pay attention.

Naomi gives me mixed emotions but gets up to hug me a while later.

"Another one?" Drake asks.

"The last one." I say.

"What do you mean? I want 7 kids. We still have two more to go." He states.

"In your dreams Jordan. This makes 5. We're done. I'm closing up shop. I'm 31 years old. You're basically a fossil so no more kids." I say as I walk ou the playroom. I'm followed by a faint 'no we're not, plus I'm only 36.' as I head down the stairs into the kitchen.

We so are done. I look at my flat, bloated looking stomach and say,"Attention all customers. The shop closes in approximately 7 months. And its closing for good." I giggle and grab a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream before heading into the TV room to binge watch as much as I can on anything.

7 months later we welcomed Arianna Nora Jordan born December 1st, at 6lbs straight at noon. After she was born Drake agreed that our family was complete. And that it was.

Or was it?