Beasts and Mutts

Maleficent went through the castle laying waste to every room and making it her own. The guards were either knocked out or fled. Belle and Beast were already gone as Maleficent took the throne. She used her magic to change the colors from blues and gold to purples and greens. She smiled in satisfaction. "Oh, it feels so good to be me again! Now... Zevon." She narrowed her green eyes on him and he bowed before her. "The Isle is yours... as you asked... after you tie up loose ends. Deal with the king and the traitors. Once you have proven useful one last time, the Isle is yours. Don't forget that mutt of a son of Cruella's. Wouldn't want the poor thing to die tied up without his master." She teased wickedly, her lips curling into a smile that could put fear into the fearless. Zevon nodded, eager to please his mistress.

"As you wish mistress." He got up and turned leaving the mistress of evil to revel in her victory and regain her strength for the final take over. Knowing he needed his mutt, Zevon headed back to the school. The mutt would be perfect leverage for the king. It was a gamble but Zevon was feeling arrogant and confident after getting so far.

Meanwhile at the school all the VKs currently there: Uma, Mal, Evie and Harry had gathered with Ben back in the Cafeteria sitting down or standing around a table.

"If Maleficent is back we are going to need the wand, but if she is back then she likely already has it. So we need to think of a way to get the wand back... Chances are she is the one who took Carlos somehow. "Mal said pacing back and forth beside the table. Uma was deep in thought sitting next to the nervous girl before speaking up. Evie sat with her head in her hands looking pretty much at her limit. Mal's hand on her back became a small comfort that helped her push past the distress.

"Remember when you and Audrey were fighting, and Carlos stopped it? What if we get the wand back the same way and use our combined powers, the ember, the wand, my shell and your powers to defeat her for good? That much magic can't be defended against." The idea coming out more as a suggestion than a concrete idea.

"The wand is drawn to whoever has the most goodness in them. That's Ben. So we should prob-" Mal was cut off by Ben growling sounding a little more beastly than usual. Since the transformation by Audrey, he has had moments where his beast has come out a lot more. Carlos hasn't complained about it seems for one reason or another, but it has made Ben's temper shorter.

"Don't count on that. If she took my pup, then I don't know how 'good' I can be..." Ben's voice nothing but a venomous growl. Mal and Uma shared a look that didn't give Harry any confidence. He went to open his mouth to speak but was quickly silenced by another growl from the beastly king. Ben the well-mannered king had lost his control over Carlos and Harry couldn't find it in himself to blame him. He still had his feelings for the pup and the idea that someone else had him and was potentially keeping him made bristle with anger. Their thinking was cut off when all the screens, including their phones, start playing video of Zevon.

"To the king and his royal fuck-ups. I have your mutt. If you want to see him again, come to the dorm, no stunts. You have five minutes, or I put the mutt down." Zevon's face panned down to a petrified Carlos, tied up. The look on Carlos' face made Ben roar, making them all recoil as he set off for the dorm.

Zevon was waiting when the door nearly came off of its hinges at Ben's kicking the door in. He had Carlos sitting in his lap with a blade to the mutt's throat. Ben immediately stopped at the sight, still heaving with anger.

"One more step and you'll be burying your precious pup with your kingdom." Zevon hissed, hiding behind Carlos a bit, clearly a little on edge. Mal and Uma whipped around the corner speaking in unison. Hands held tightly, Mal's eyes were bright green.

"With a heart strong and pure, let his skin endure." Carlos turned to stone in his hand, his knife doing nothing but leave a faint white line along the gray stone. Ben was even more angered. Zevon pushed the stone Carlos off of himself and hastily tried to slip away but was snatched up by Ben, who roared in his face.

"You took my Carlos. YOU TOOK MY CARLOS AND TRIED TO KILL HIM!" He bellowed making Zevon shiver in terror. "Carlos knew you were rotten. He knew you were no good and I didn't trust him. Well, it's about time I make up for that." Ben's fist made contact with Zevon's face, over and over again. He threw him into the wall and till the boy was unconscious, bruised and bleeding through the nose, completely knocked out. The King picked him up and shoved him into Harry who looked at the unconscious boy with pure hatred. "Take him back to the isle before I lose control of myself again." The voice coming out of Ben's throat was restrained as he tried to regain control. When he went back into the room Carlos was back to normal from the stone spell but still under the petrifying potion. Ben's eyes stung with fought back tears as he leaned down and pressed worried and hasty kisses to Carlos' petrified lips. Within second the lips kissed back, and arms circled the king, pulling him down and into a deep and passionate kiss that Mal and Uma had to clear their throats at. Ben only growled kissing deeper, kissing Carlos with tongue right in front of them. Carlos broke the kiss smiling a little bit. Ben wouldn't let go, clinging to Carlos possessively.

"Mine..." Ben growled protectively guarding him with his embrace. Carlos couldn't help but chuckle and smother him in quick little kisses.

"All yours." Carlos took the time to nuzzle his face into his true love's neck. Mal sighed a little relieved and a little annoyed.

"I hate to cut the reunion short, but we need to stop Maleficent." Her voice was severe and less than thrilled. She sounded worried and rightfully so. They barely fought off Maleficent the first time.

"He did it?! She's back?" The terrified squawk that came from Carlos' throat almost adorable. Mal gave him a less than comforting nod and Carlos clung to Ben, clearly very scared of the mistress of evil.

"We have a plan, but it isn't going to be as easy as it was the first time you guys took her on." Uma seemed over the whole thing per usual. She was right of course. Maleficent wasn't expecting Mal's strength the first time. This time they had nothing but hope on their side, hope given to them by finding Carlos and stopping Zevon. Zevon was smart but his overconfidence got the better of him.