The Truth Spell and A Love Spell

Carlos was shocked when Mal came into his room, escaping paparazzi. He just stared as she paced in a huff. That's when her eyes burned a bright and evil green. He could feel the malice, repression, and anger practically seep out of her like suffocating smoke.

"Whoa. Easy, girl." He said rising from his bed in utter confusion and mild fear.

"What? You think this is so easy?! You don't have people taking a photo of you every single time you open your mouth to say boo! I mean, it's not that I could even say, "Boo," but, you know what I—" Mal was pretty worked up, seemingly unsettled.

"I'm sorry." Carlos said backing off.

"Carlos, don't you ever miss screaming at people and just making them run away from you?" She sounded almost... desperate? The bells in his head were ringing out loud and clear. Something was way wrong.

"You're thinking of my mother, and I was usually on the other end of that. So, not really. No." He gave her a curious and worried stare before it hit him. "Oh, hey! Did you bring it?" He couldn't help letting his concern for Ben remind him of why she was here to begin with.

That's when the door opened. For a moment they were expecting Jay but when Chad attempted to sneak in Carlos was not having it. With attitude and irritation, he kicked Chad out with his room before turning back to an almost catatonic Mal.  

"Mal?"

"Hmm?" she hummed almost not even there.

"My potion?" he tried to snap her back out of her moment.

"Hmm. Yeah. Um..." Mal shook her head slightly coming to with a look of frustration lingering in her eyes.

"So, this thing will make me say what I really feel to... Be-Jane?" Carlos catching himself finding it hard to take him off his mind, that hole in his stomach only aching as if Ben is the only thing that can mend it.

"Yeah. I mean, this is a truth gummy, so take it or leave it." She Sighs.

"Perfect."

"Hold on, though. Are you sure that you want to be taking this? Because this is gonna make you say the truth all the time, no matter what, and the only reason that I'm asking is because I know that if I took this right now, I would get myself sent back to the Isle. Which, it's not that that sounds super unappealing, but, you know..." Her longing to release her inner wickedness is clearly hurting her. Carlos learned one thing from his mother and his space, reading people is the key to survival.

"Yeah. I'll take my chances, I guess." He shrugged.

"Okay." Mal's hand drops and Dude steals the truth gummi with one bite. "Ohh! Bad dog!"

"Man, that thing was nasty! And you-- you just got to man up. And while you're at it, scratch my butt." The dog Dude, his best buddy was talking. Both Mal and Carlos were stunned.

"You heard him. Scratch his butt." Mal said eagerly running off.

"Mal. You're just gonna leave me with him?" Carlos was besides himself, this kind of thing wasn't his specialty like it was with her. He couldn't undo this on his own.

"Come on. You scratch your own all the time." Dude said tail wagging.

"I have bigger problems right now, Dude. What do I do about Ben now? You ate my idea!" He was more than a little peeved though gave into giving his backside just above the tail, some scritches.

"Oh yeah... right there... but you just need to do it. Tell him." Dude actually sounded sincere. Carlos sighed and nodded leaving for Ben's Office.

"Here goes... everything." His hands shook as he knocked on the door to Ben's Office. He had been pacing around outside his office for a while before finally working up the courage.

"Come in" Ben called, his stomach getting butterflies. Carlos comes in and Ben is doing some paperwork. He is a little disheveled and worked up seeming more distracted than working. When Ben looks up, he smiles "Carlos..." The way he said it was soft and worn out.

"Are you okay?" He could see it from a mile away.

"Uh... Mal and I had a huge fight... She..." Ben tried to hold it in but that pleading look on Carlos' face pulled it out of him. "She tried to spell me. She has been using her spell book this whole time. She has lied to me over and over. I don't even know what's real anymore. I almost feel like..." He pauses finally finding something too big for puppy dog eyes to pry out of him. Carlos felt it thought, he was reading Ben like a book, he couldn't help it.

"You think you are under a love spell again." Carlos said pained by the memories that brought back for him. Ben nodded and got up.

"You didn't come here to hear my problems. What can I do for you?" Ben smiled more genuinely. Carlos melted a little bit before tensing up a bit.

"No... you are right, I didn't but it hurts me too... and it makes why I came here harder." Carlos said feeling himself losing courage. "Ben... I... was wondering... What do you think of me?" he stalled growing nervous.

"You're smart, funny, sweet, mysterious, good and..." Ben pauses biting his lip a bit, tilting his head down but looking up at him almost shy. "Handsome." The word was like a bullet straight through Carlos' heart. His face grew red and that pit in his stomach was on fire with a pale heat that gave him nothing but tingles. It was time.

"Ben, I like you, more than a friend should. I always have. Even when Mal gave you that spelled cookie to fall in love with her. It's the real reason I cried when we danced." As Carlos confessed, Ben worked his way around the desk slowly towards him. "I tried to tell you but because of Mal. I feared I didn't have a- ", Carlos was cut off by the feeling on Ben's hand sliding into his hair, the other around his waist. His heart was pounding as lips found lips. His whole body burned in that pale fire, making him shudder. This was no innocent kiss either. No peck on lips. This was a kiss full of emotion and longing, slow and meaningful. Carlos had never imagined he could feel this way. When they start to part Ben's, eyes flashed bright green as Mal's had done hours ago but the magic faded, and Ben smiled the biggest that Carlos had ever seen.

"Carlos... I think you just broke a spell..." Ben said starting to lean in again, but Carlos pulled away.

"What... What do you mean? What spell?" Carlos said confused, he couldn't have broken a spell. He can't do that kind of thing.  

"A Love spell." Ben said closing the distance again, but Carlos took another step, knocking into the wall.

"Who love spelled you?" Carlos' heart was pounding, he wanted Ben, but he wanted him fair and square. He didn't want Ben to cheat for him.

"Mal." Ben said before pressing him into the wall with another body tingling, mind numbing kiss. It felt like magic, pure, good, and Ben.