A Threat and It's Going Down

The four Vk's were reunited in their old hangout. Mal and Carlos were standing an awkward distance apart and Evie knew not to push it.

"Uma wants you to go alone... We don't have much choice" Carlos said almost bitterly, "We have to protect Ben at all costs."

"You think I wouldn't do what it takes to protect him?" Mal said shooting him a cold stare. Carlos had no intentions of starting a fight but his own anger and jealousy flared.

"I don't know, are you going to try and spell him again?" His voice harsher than he meant to but he just couldn't help it. Why did she have to spell Ben and keep him from him for so long?

"Carlos, I get it. You are mad about me spelling Ben. However, in that whole time that he and I were together, did I EVER hurt him? No. I care about him too, even if it isn't the way you do." Mal said honestly. She was hurt and so was Carlos, but he nodded a bit. She was right, he was just bitter about all the pain he felt from such a long period of feeling a love he thought was unrequited.

"Sorry... Though you must admit. You, being the one saving Ben, will really turn the tables on some of Auradon's Fairytales." They all shared a laugh and the two hugged it out no matter how much Mal hated hugs. So Mal left to confront Uma but Ben was being tied up by Harry at the dock.

"You don't have to do this," Ben said trying to hide the fear in his voice.

"No... I don't" Harry said feigning a voice of reason that gave Ben a brief moment of hope. "But I want to. Why would I give up such a delectable prince, when his head could give me everything I want?" Ben gulped as Harry laughed a bit. "I'm sure Mal will love to see me hook you." He whispered.

"I don't think Mal will care too much," Ben said almost comforted, but he could only think of the pain Carlos would be in if anything happened to him. They had just gotten together and now they might be ripped apart forever.

"Oh, Mal isn't the one you're all wet in the port for is it?" Harry snickered drawing his hook playfully along his jaw. Ben couldn't hide the panic in his eyes. He knew if Harry found out, this would only give them more leverage.

After Uma had made her demands for the Wand the VKs reconvened and planned. Carlos and Jay headed back to the Isle to create a wand replica with their 3d printer. Evie and Mal went to visit Dizzy and make some smoke bombs. However, Uma was far more insightful than Ben needed.

"Harry tells me Mal isn't your real love. I can't say I'm surprised that I'm not pleased by this. So, who is it? Another pretty princess? No... you wouldn't have come to the Isle if it was." Uma circled him, her hand was on her sword and her mouth was twisted in the most malicious grin.

"Is it Evie?" She said slowly, watching his eyes. He was unmoved and Uma shook her head. "Too girly for your tastes then?" This made the king tense, despite his roped limbs. Uma was like a shark and he just gave her fresh blood. "So, it's Jay?" Ben didn't react and she cackled knowingly. "No, of course, it would be him... Carlos." Ben's panic was almost euphoric to the girl. "I know that they are going to try something... but if they do... "She leaned in to whisper in his ear with nothing but pure evil in her words. "If they cross me and I don't get what I want... I will hunt Carlos down. Even if I have to tear a hole in the barrier with my bare hands. He will never be safe... I swear." She cackled loudly in his face. Ben looked completely terrified. This wasn't going to end well. He knew they would try to save him. To save him would only doom Carlos. He couldn't let that happen.

"If you let me go, I will talk to the council about letting your crew leave the Isle as the next wave of VKs." He tried to bargain, hoping the desperation would but him sympathy. He forgot that this was the Isle and not Auradon. She didn't care about him.

"You're going to help me? I don't buy it. You Auradon boys are all the same. Selfish. Just like us Villains. Maybe when I get the wand... I won't turn your little boy toy into a chew toy. Now shut up. I don't need damaged goods and the more you talk the more I want to let Harry hook you." Ben went quiet but glanced at the almost giddy smile on Harry's face. He wouldn't help the tears the prickled at the corners of his eyes. If only he had only been smart or stronger... 'if only's were the only thing his mind could do now. If only he had figured out a better and faster way to rehabilitate the VKs. If only, if only, if only. The one that was almost as sharp as the glinting hook mere feet away was "if only I had told Carlos how I really felt sooner."

The time to make the trade had come about. Mal and Uma stood at the docks serving up insults and rap battle worthy disses. It wasn't going anywhere that they wanted it to. Carlos could only get this sinking feeling as he looked at how broken Ben's spirits looked. He couldn't help but feel anger bristle the hairs on the back of his neck as he had looked up Harry threatening Ben to walk a plank. It was going down.

"Hey, we don't have to choose, we don't have to light the fuse. Mal, whatever you do, it's gonna be a lose-lose There's gotta be a better way. Uma, I promise I'll give you your chance, you'll have your say." Ben screamed tears starting to fall. He was trying to warn them. Warn them that if this went anyway. They were going to lose everything in one way or another. Mal ignored him and Carlos started to choke up. She started to offer Uma the wand.

"Hold up. Mm. Too easy." Uma said flash Ben a grin. "Why don't you give it a test drive? We want to see it work."

"You always were quite the drama queen," Mal said coolly, cursing herself. She knew this would happen.

"Oh, and nothing too big, or else Ben is fish bait," Uma added. She looked back at the group and Carlos motioned to Dude making Mal grin.

"Okay." She started "Although it seems absurd, turn your bark into a word!" After a brief look at Uma, she turned to Dude. "Talk, dog."

"Does this vest make me look fat? Hey, does anyone have some bacon? Cookies?" Dude whined. They all laughed a bit, the pirates too happy about it.

"Give me the wand!" Uma threatened.

"Give me Ben!" Mal threatened back.

"Harry, bring him over." She sighed at the hooked boy. "Oh. Cut him loose, Harry."

"I never get to have any fun," Harry grumbled slitting the rope. Ben grabbed Mal's outstretched hand at the same time the Uma gabbed hold of the wand.

"Ben, go!" Mal commanded pushing him towards Carlos.

"By the power of the sea, tear it down and set us free!" Uma tried using the Wand only for it to remain static in her hand. She screamed "No! You don't get to win every time Mal!" What came next was a complete mess of swords and smoke bombs. However, ultimately, they escaped into the Limo. Mal was sitting next to Ben. The two didn't really want to look at each other.

"Awkward" Dude said from Carlos' lap. Ben looked over at him and the two's eyes met. Carlos' eyes were filled with embarrassment but love. Bens were filled with love, stress, and fear.

"Dude... just because you can talk doesn't mean you should," Carlos said quietly.

What the group didn't notice, was the teal blur that had dived through the closing hole in the barrier, into the sea with Mal's spellbook in its clutches.