Dragons, Embers, and Seashells

Carlos was in the middle of peeling the jacket off Ben, their lips locked and tongues wrestling. Ben stopped him and the boy whined, still voiceless however so it was merely a sigh.

"We need to go catch up with the group and stop Uma... I know we keep having to wait Pup, but we need to get your voice back. Besides..." His voice turning a little dark and husky, "I wanna hear you loud and clear our first time." This alone was enough to send chills down the blonde- and black-haired boy's spine, leaving his pants feel suddenly rather tight. Ben adjusted himself standing upright and helping Carlos up. After minor freshening up, the two set out from the starter castle at a fast pace to catch up at Fairy Cottage.

Once they got to the Cottage, Mal and Uma were locked in a fight of Magic as Evie, Jay, Gil, Harry, and Chad stood still, their bodies now made of stone. Carlos wanted to scream as he rushed to Evie and Jay, even glancing at Harry, pained and worried. Uma Seethed as gold and teal magic surged from her necklace. Mal snarled as she held aloft her father's ember, purple and blue beaming from the crystalline flame.

"Uma! Give Carlos back his voice or I won't hold the ember back. You don't have to do this!" Mal called out to the sea witch.

"Never, He is going to suffer! You all will. You will all suffer for humiliating me." She looked at Carlos, "for abandoning me" She looked at Ben, "For betraying me." Uma's Eyes finally locking with Mal's, her magic surging, starting to overpower Mal's.

"We have people to protect! Stop being so damned selfish!" Mal yelled her magic surging back against Uma's. Her eyes turning their brightest green as green smoke enveloped the beam, overpowering Uma completely and sending her into one of the many trees. Carlos was in tears, clinging to Evie's statue.

"Carlos... She will be fine... We have to stop Audrey." Ben's voice warm but solid, comforting yet commanding. Carlos could only manage a nod. When the attention came back to Uma she was standing up, bitter tears stinging her eyes.

"Why!? Why do you ALWAYS get to win!? All I wanted was to save the VKs still stuck on the isle. All I wanted was you to respect me. All I EVER wanted was for the GOOD of us and others." She snapped, tears staining her cheeks.

"Because we have to look at what is best for everyone UMA, not just some. The VKs didn't have a chance before. We were giving them one, in a way that Auradon could handle. You can't just have everything you want or I'd still have Ben." Mal said tears welling up in her eyes. Ben and Carlos stared at her.

"Mal...?" Ben said confused, "You have only supported me and Carlos... what do you mean?" Ben's worry made her break.

"Of course, you like guys Ben. You and I weren't true loves and Carlos is yours. I'm cold-hearted in many ways but I am NOT that evil. Carlos is like my little brother. I could never hurt him like that." She screamed at them. Uma was silently rubbing away frustrated tears. "I don't always win Uma. I don't get respect from people still if I did Audrey might not be doing all of this. I am the reason for ALL of this. Don't you get it? All I've done is lose. I lost my mother, I lost my boyfriend, and I lost everything that mattered to me before. But I don't hurt people just to make myself feel better. Auradon has taught me that HOPE is what matters. Hope that while we might not get what we want, something better for us will come along someday." Mal's voice wavering and emotional but genuine. She stepped over to Uma and the two ended up in a hug, holding each other a bit.

"I hate to ask, I know that I hurt you by leaving you on the Isle when I picked the original four, but can you give Carlos his voice back? Please." Ben put his hand on Uma's shoulder, and she gave a hesitant nod. She sang a string of melodic notes and the golden orb echoing Carlos' voice slipped out of her necklace and back into his chest.

"Thank you, Uma. I'm sorry if you feel I humiliated you at Cotillion, but I was only doing what I thought was right." Carlos spoke, voice a little hoarse, adjusting to it again.

"I forgive you. I forgive you all... I was just so hurt that I wasn't thinking about how reckless I was about it all. Can you forgive me?" Uma said lacing her fingers with Mal, the two holding hands.

"Of course." Ben smiled.

"Duh," Mal smirked, winking. Carlos left them staring at him.

"Fine, just don't take my voice ever again." Carlos sighed. Everyone laughed but Uma nodded.

"Enough Emotions! Ugh. We need to stop Audrey." Uma changed the energy between them all, hand still locked with Mal's. Everyone nodded and Ben took Carlos' hand too.

"So, where is she?" Ben asked

"The Castle. The Tower has a great view of the kingdom, so she can watch over everyone. She is trying to catch stragglers. Jane and Doug went to find Fairy Godmother, but chances are she didn't manage.

"So then let's go stop her. These guys aren't going anywhere." Uma said gesturing at Harry. Everyone nodded and they headed back to the King's Castle. The walk at first was both peacefully and eerily quiet as Mal and Uma had yet to let go of one another's hands and Carlos walked with Ben's arm around his waist.

"So did that whole speech translate to a Sea witch, evil fairy love letter?" Carlos remarked a bit.

"You are so lucky I'm not allowed to take your voice again," Uma said, a bit of a blush of the two girl's faces. "My shell just seems to like her... or else I'd have won back there." Mal scoffed chuckling.

"Yeah... your 'shell' likes her I'm sure." Carlos teased, let out a laugh as Ben smirked. The two girls glared daggers into the pup.

"Don't make me turn you into a puppy like Audrey did."

"He was a cute Puppy." Ben pinched his cheek using his baby voice. Carlos growled at them but they all just laughed, until they heard it. Screaming.

"SOMEBODY HELP ME!" Celia shrilly screeched.