Love is Everything

For the first time in their relationship so far, when ben woke up, Carlos was already awake and missing. Turning off the alarm clock, Ben swung his legs off the bed sighing. He liked waking up to a messy white and black mop of hair on his chest. He got lost thinking about it and where Carlos was when there was a knock at the door. Ben growled lowly, he had a lot to do today between preparing his perfect date with Carlos and kingly duties. Ben quickly pulled on his usual kingly best before sighing. "Come in."

Evie opened the door carrying his breakfast and a wrapped gift. "Breakfast for his royal highness." It was Ben's favorite breakfast food, Waffles with little chocolate chips, fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Noticeably it was dark chocolate giving it a black, white and red color scheme. Ben smiled and sat down to start eating.

"Did Carlos do this for me?" Ben's face was priceless. The prince of romantic gestures was being treated to his favorite things.

"One better, he cooked it for you. I know, I didn't know he could cook either honestly..." Evie beamed with pride over her little brother of a best friend. Ben couldn't help the adorable little growl escape tasting his favorite food made by Carlos. It was perfect. Evie handed him a napkin squealing a bit. "You two are so adorable... both messy eaters huh?" Ben stopped realizing he had practically wolfed the whole thing down in one go. His face reddened a bit making the blue-haired girl squeal more. He grimaced a bit looking at the blue and gold-wrapped gift.

"For me?" Ben hesitated, wiping his mouth with the napkin. Evie nodded handing it to him. He took it gingerly from her before tearing into it. Inside was a glass case, with a glowing red rose in the middle. A little card hung from the handle of the glass case. This rose is enchanted to stay bloomed for as long as I love you and you love me. C. Ben stared at the rose, tears prickling his eyes, happy tears. He looked up at Evie who gave him the warmest smile.

"He really loves you, Ben. I've never seen him as committed as he is today. He wants today to be perfect for you." She flipped her hair a bit dramatically.

"But I was supposed to make it perfect for him." Ben pouted a little bit.

"You still get to plan the date, but he wanted to spoil you in his own way today. He also wanted me to let you know that being yours already makes his day perfect." It took her entire willpower not to give the loudest possible squeal imaginable. Ben couldn't help the smile on his face, Carlos knew him so well by now. Belle knocked on the door frame and smiled warmly.

"I believe there is something important on the news." She smiled innocently. The king blinked at his mother grabbing the television remote. He wouldn't, Carlos would never... Was all Ben could think before turning the Television on. His mother disappearing from the doorway. Oh by everything holy, HE WOULD.

Carlos smiled and held the microphone standing on the same stage as Ben had for his first day of spoils. "Gimme a beat!" Carlos howled. To Ben's surprise, it wasn't just his little song of Did I Mention, but it was a remixed version with an altered mashup of Rotten to the Core called Love You to the Core. The full mashup being Did I Mention I Love you to the Core. The title barely fits on the bottom of the screen properly. Mal, Jay, Uma, and Gil were all singing and dancing with Carlos who was dressed up in Ben's favorite colors.

"Evie!" He squealed looking at the blue-haired girl who was doing the dance in the room with him. When it was over the screen panned into Carlos.

"I love our king to my core!" He panted before it quickly returned to the normal news.

"EVIE!" Ben had completely squealed sounding like her. The girl grimaced and covered her ears.

"Is that what I sound like? Please... don't hurt yourself." Evie was happy when he stopped. She sat down and hugged him tightly. Ben didn't mean to start crying but he couldn't help himself. Ben was always the stoic and in control kind of guy. He was a romantic who loved giving. So finally having someone return those romantic gestures just solidified to him that Carlos, even though he was already his true love, was really the one.