An Overthinker

-Chelsea's pov-

"Let's try this intro again." goodness his voice is like silk! "Let's try to pretend that our first meeting didn't happen," what? That's not even possible! It was such a good kiss (and trust me, I've had a few). Interesting how he said pretend, meaning not real, make believe. Oppose to imagine, something that actually needs to be pictured, painted into reality. Or suppose, causing us to think what if? Who wants to imagine it not happening though? Maybe someone who doesn't want to remember the sweetness of the moments before their trust was broken, before their heart was ripped out and broken into thousands of tiny pieces, like what's happened to mine before. But something is different about him. Something unique. "for this conversations purpose" wow, did he just say that? Does this mean he doesn't want to forget that moment either? Hopefully.
Every school I've been to, all my teachers of English have always told me they know I have a way with words, but the evidence is either in my head or on the page. I've never been able to verbalize. And I wish I could, I wish I could outright tell him, tell him that I feel like we're connected, and that my want of his love is deeper than the deepest, bluest, blackest, saddest, loneliest part of the sea. But of course, I can't. "Wait? You two have already met?" that was Mishell, always needs to know everything. She's like a gossiper, but only with information that she needs to concern herself with, she's not like the other girls in this year level that need to know everything about anything. Mishell, I believe, would easily get a job in private affairs, like, dealing with them. "Yeah, *cough* only briefly though, more of a, um, passing glance" there he goes again! Voice like silk. "then why would you need to forget that?" forget, don't like that word.
"only for the purpose of us meeting each other"
"Yeah, but why?" more like, why does Mishell have to make everything so difficult?
"So it doesn't ruin your surprise!"
Wow, good move! And she bought it too. No! Now he's going to start talking to me again!
"So, Chelsea, where you from?"
"North" short and sweet, come on, I can keep this up.
"How long have you been here for?"
"Three, weeks. Only school, one other day" few! I feel like I'm slipping though.
"Okay, are you normal?" Woah! Curve ball! This is a tricky one, I believe is intentionally a test, but, like all tests I do, I intend to pass with flying colors. To do so, I must be confident in my answer, and sharp in my response. And with this one. I know the perfect answer, one I believe is quite accurate, and short. And come on, let's be honest.
"No"
"Then you're free to be part of our friend group" so I passed?
"Now c-can I ask you a question?" Nooooooooooooo! I did it! I triped up. It's a condition I was born with, happens more when I'm nervous, but unavoidable. It's why I'm so bad at expressing myself. I'm blocked by a concrete wall that I've been drilling away at for 10 years now, and all I've taken away is one small chip. That concrete wall has a name, and it's name is Stutter.
"Sure"
Deep breath, inhale, exhale.
"This might seem a b-bit h-hypacr-critical. But why do y-you wear a hood-hood-hooddie?" wow, that was shocking.