Chapter 3: The Accidental Encounter

As I was nervously making my way to the canteen, I realized I look extremely emo right now, I wanted to get this over and done with as quickly as possible. The canteen ladies had strange expressions on their faces probably wondering who the heck I am, they probably don't know I'm here because of chess, a stranger walking around a school, I could be a murderer, I certainly look the part at the moment. I try to generate some conversation to lessen the uneasiness around here.
"Umm, I'm h-here from chess" and all they did is give me even more strange looks.
"How much for the dare chocolate drink?"
"4 bucks"
"alright then"
I grab out my phone to use touch pay but I can't unlock it, I'm having trouble with the screen and my gloves. I guess I cracked a little bit in this situation, I don't know why else I would have shouted out "Stupid screen!"
"Why not take you're gloves off?"
Oh gee, I wonder why?
I grabbed my bag, pulled out a five dollar note, grabbed the change and drink and ran.
Straight into Zac.
"Sorry"
"James?"
"Bye"
That's gonna come back to bite me for sure.

Sorry this chapter is so short, been a bit busy with camp this week but it is now holidays so will try to update more often! Hope you enjoy!