Chapter 8: Zac Spills the Beans

Well, that's, something. I'm not sure what to think, I've never had a friend (that I know of) that has ever even considered suicide, I feel like I should do something, but I'm not sure if there is anything I can do.
"Zacy, are you alright?"
"What's that mum?"
"Are you okay? You look a little, um, flustered"
"No, no...  I'm, I'm fine"
But that doesn't fool her.
"Zac, what's happened?"
"Nothing, is just..."
"Just what?"
"I'm not going to David's house tonight anymore"
"Oh, OK. Why?"
"Just..."
"Zac. What Happened?"
"I'm not sure if I'll ever see James again"
"What do you mean?"
"Well, he was at David's house... and..."
"Yes?"
"He ran out the window, I think, and... left a note"
"Oh, what did the note say?"
"I'm not sure, but I know it has something to do with him saying sorry and that he might not see us again"
Then there was an awkward silence for about a minute until I spoke up.
"Mum?"
"Y-yes Zac?"
"I think James is going to comit suicide"
When I said this, mum went straight to her phone and called the police, now I'm worried, did I just cause more trouble for David? Or did I help James? Or both? Or neither?
"Alright Zac, come with me"
"But-"
"No buts, come!"
"OK"

...

As I'm walking outside looking for tracks, all I can see are what looks like a cross between paw prints and foot prints, which I find really odd, but since they're the only prints here I decide to use them, I'm assuming James got new shoes that he didn't tell me about, that's the only explanation I can think of, but anyway! Judging by the tracks, I figure out that he went west, so I grab my bag and go west.

...

OK, quick rest. I pull out Google Maps to check out where I'm now at. I've gone 18km and it's a 24km distance in total, so I have another 6kms to go. I've found that it's easier for me to sprint on all four of my paws, than my two legs, and I also have a lot more stamina, so I can run for much longer distances, I'll always win cross country at school now, unless that counts as cheating. But why am I thinking about that, no chance I'll be going back to school anyway. Now where am I going again? That's right, Shell's place, the only person I can really trust, sure she recently ripped out my heart, but oh well, I've known her since, like, prep so we're still best friends, therefore I can trust her. I have to.