It All Happens Now

Without even having enough time to realise that I was asleep I was abruptly woken up with the low pitch screech of the concrete/metal door against the floor, Dr. Wever was back.
As the lights flickered on inside the pen, I saw the great man standing at the entrance with his perfectly white lab coat on. As I slowly got up, trying to not wake my resting mother, I ticked over my head whether I ask him about when I'm leaving and any other details related to the subject or not.
This situation I was in during this time was almost comical, because with these thoughts running through my mind as I crept towards Dr. Wever, I wasn't paying enough attention to realise I was about to step on a squeaky toy. Why was there a squeaky toy there in the first place? Oh well, guess mum's awake now, not that big of a deal. But she made it a big of a deal. When she woke up she stared straight at the direction of the sound, at me, and ran full speed, she had a target and was destined to take it down.
But she ran straight past me. Towards Wever.
She was going to attack Dr. Wever, but why? I was suddenly worried that there might be something about him that I don't know, that might be totally wrong and messed up. But I couldn't jump to conclusions right then and there, I couldn't let her just attack him without knowing he'd done anything wrong. So I blocked her. I ran in between him and her and spread my arms out wide, and she got the message.
She skidded to a stop almost directly in front of me and tilted her head with a puzzled look, she wanted to get at him, I could tell, but she let him live. For now.
After that little episode, Dr. Wever began to explain why he had arrived; he wanted me and Grey (apparently that's what everyone called her, Wever's words) to spend the day together at the main building, I agreed. If I didn't, I knew I would go back anyway, and I didn't want to leave her right now, so I agreed.
...

Back at the main building Grey and I went to get dinner, turns out we slept through lunch so we were both quite hungry.
After dinner we went for a walk around the place, if you can call it that. It was more like, follow the leader a certain path and the leader is called Grey. She wanted to show me something.
We had gone through so many different hallways and passages, if it was up to me we would have gotten lost 23 turns ago.
We seemed to keep going for ever until we finally reached a stop, a dead end. Another run down wall and ceiling which had clearly suffered from a lack of care, but by now I knew that there would be a secret key somewhere, and I was about to start looking for it if it wasn't for that familiar voice which decided to suddenly appear and echo through the empty space of which was filled with nothing but dry air.
"Hey James! Why are you all the way out here?"
If I wasn't mistaken, I believe I heard a low and quiet growl come from besides me, we were still facing away from him.
We couldn't let him know what we were doing, but how else could we get out of this predicament?
"Thought you might have been at the pool on this hot day!"
Is that meant to be a joke?
Turning around to face Dr. Wever, replied "What hot day? I left all of those in Australia!"
"Haha, too true. Well, how about we head off to bed, do you realise what the time is?"
Seemed like he made his own diversion.
I looked at my watch, ten thirty!
"Yes, I really should be heading off to bed, where will Gray go though?"
"She can stay with you if you want, otherwise she will be sent back to the containment area for the night. But that might be a bit of a problem with Rex coming home with me too" he said, gesturing towards the small fox I hadn't even realised was there.
"Okay, she can stay with me tonight"
...

It was now 11:45 pm and I still wasn't asleep. In the last day here, something just seemed to be really off, and I wasn't sure what. Plus Grey was still nudging me with her snout, it's hard to get asleep with a wolf continually poking and prodding you.
I decided that she must have needed the toilet so I got out of bed and followed her out. But she didn't need the toilet, she, once again, lead me towards that clearly forbidden area.
This time though, we didn't get caught. I found the secret key, and the whole wall opened up, probably a bit louder than I would have liked.
As the dust settled, what I saw shocked me, it was like a secret base, a pilot's cockpit, a space station control center, I think you get the picture. There were so many display screens, buttons, control surfaces, it was really unexpected.
There I found a whole section, 4 meters cubed of space just sectioned off with one name on it; James. What is this? There were multiple things there, from a small 15 inch display screen, to what I believed was the external settings for my watch that they gave me. Mainly because from the controls and the electrical data feed cables which emerged from it and went into the main box. Grey's nose stared pushing a DVD case which had no written description but was conveniently placed on top of a DVD player. If this was why Grey had brought me here, I may as well watch it.
I had hardly pressed play on the machine, which had shown a recording on the main screen, when someone standing at the entrance called out to me.
"James, you shouldn't be here, I thought you were in bed"
I barely listened to what he had said though, I was more interested in the recording, it was through a scope, facing an empty road.
"What is this?"
"James, you need to leave now"
With his tone becoming a little bit more forceful it was only natural for Grey to give him a back off growl.
The recording suddenly changed, there was a car on the road, and a single, perfect aim, snipe shot sent the car over the edge and into the shrubbery, about one hundred meters below.
No. It can't be.
"James, it's not what you think, you really need to stop watching"
"Shut up Wever! This isn't just any recording, is it?"
The filming then stopped and resumed at a different point in time. The man that was holding the gun, that was filming, was now at the same car, after it had fallen. He went up to the drivers seat and pulled out the now dead male and injected a syringe into him. Soon after he just, disintegrated into nothingness.
"James! Leave that recording now!"
"No!"
Wever tried to get closer but then Grey sprinted towards him and took a big bite into his arm, and then Rex bit into her arm. I wanted to help, but I knew I needed to watch this recording until the end, as much as I didn't want to.
The man then began to walk around the other side of the vehicle, to the front passenger side. No, please no. And he opened the door and pulled out a young, limp, female body. It was Shell's.
"Nooooooooooooo!"
A sudden surge of rage hit me, and I hit the screen, shattering it to pieces. I ran over to the others, and using my bare hands (plus fur) I forced Rex's jaw open freeing Grey's arm and then gave Dr. Wever a very appropriate punch in the face.
"Explain! Right now!"
"We needed to bring you over as quick as possible, we couldn't afford our project to be open for the public to see!"
"What's that got to do with her?"
"Bait! We needed to bait you"
I grabbed him by his lab coat collar and shook him hard, I was ready to strangle him. Then his fox bit me and I lost it, I kicked Rex about ten feet away and invertedly punched Wever's knee, dislocating his whole lower leg.
"Ahhhhhhh! What is wrong with you?"
"More like what is wrong with you? You killed my best friend just so you could get contact with me?"
"I'm leaving"
"We will not permit you to leave! You're staying here for as long as we want you to stay"
"We'll see about that!"
"Come Grey!"
I was about to walk out with Grey following close behind but I noticed something in Wever's pocket, a gun.
As Grey walked passed him, he suddenly jumped up on his good foot and pulled out his gun. But I was also already running back and as he pointed it at Grey, which was going to be a threat but never made it that far, I kicked it out of his hand, it fired once, I then caught it, cocked it, and fired it, straight, at, Wever.
We both made a dash for it then, Grey ended up taking the lead, and we soon got out and into the forest, there we found a good hiding spot and stayed there. It was underground.