Chapter 7: The Hunt Begins

"What do you mean 'he's gone'? He can't just disappear like that!"
"He didn't just disappear, he must have gone out the window!"
And that's when I saw it.
"Wait! There's something here. A sticky note, it's in James's writing"
This can't be good.
"Well? What does it say?"
"It says: I'm off, sorry for everything, if I don't see you again, I just want you to know that I thank you for always being such a good friend, I'll always keep you and all my other friends in my memory.
-James Wolf."
"Ahhhhhhh... What?"
"Zac, I don't think you should come over tonight"
"Yeah, fair call"
I put the note in my pocket and ran over to the fridge to check my families schedule, good, everyone else is still gone for 2 weeks.
"David, what are you planning?"
"N-nothing"
"Don't lie to me"
"Uhhh...! Fine! I feel like this is my fault, I noticed something was off, but I didn't bring it up. I'm not certain it is, but if this is a suicide letter, I'm going to feel completely responsible if... if..."
"if he does it"
"...yeah"
"Wait! David, you're not going after him are you?"
"Yes. I am"
"No but- well... good luck"
"Thanks"
I hung up. James is the best friend I had, I couldn't afford to lose him, if I did, well, I don't want to think about it. Now I needed to get going before it was too late.

A/N- sorry this chapter is so short, it was either this being a short chapter, or this chapter and the previous one combined, and I decided that this was probably the better option. BTW guys, thanks for reading!