Birthday

Today was my birthday. I hadn't heard from Niall yet. All my family had wished me happy birthday, and so did Isabel.  I didn't plan on doing anything today, but Niall had asked me to hang out today. He didn't say happy birthday, but i think we remembered, considering he asked me on a date on my birthday.

He asked me to wear the navy blue and white dress i wore on our first date. I put on the exact outfit i did on i our first date. I did on purpose. 

I was still watching all those Netflix tv series. I got ready early so i would have time to watch some episodes. He said he would pick me up at 6:00 to go to dinner. 

My phone rang. It was my cousin, Mikah. She was getting married. She lives in New York, so it's quite a distance from Texas. It wasn't for another 5 weeks, but she wanted to let me know ahead of time. My mom couldn't come because she had to go to summer camp with Alvin. It would be just me and my dad. We looked at flight times to New York a couple of days before time. The weddng was June 19th and we got tickets for a flight on the 17th. I figured i'd go explore the wonderous streets of New York before the wedding.

I needed to tell Niall about the wedding. I'll be gone a few days, maybe a week. 

Niall was dressed up so nicely, with his grey tux and a pink and white tie. I knew he hadn't forgotten about my birthday, i sang a birthday song to me in that car that he wrote himself. I shed a happy tear, then quickly wiped it rememebered wasn't wearing waterproof mascara.

We had a nice dinner, we didn't order pizza this time, didn't think it was appropriate considering the situation. I told him about the whole wedding plan, and he was kind of bummed because he woudn't be able to see me for a few days. The weird thing was, Niall flinched at the word 'wedding'. 

I didn't think much about it, but it worried me quite a bit. 

Niall said he had to drop by his house before he dropped me off. He invited me inside. At first i denied, but he insisted i come in.

In confusion, i walk in to my parents, Niall's parents, and Alvin in the living room.

Niall walks up to him parents and whisper something i didn't pick up. "Sophie!" I hear him yell, kneeling to his knees. I see a yellow lab puppy with a red ribbon around it's head. Niall picks the puppy up into his arms and walked towards me. He held the puppy up and knelt to one knee.

I look at the puppy. I see a sticky note on a beautiful diamond ring attached."Will you marry me?"