If Sablier Never Happened ~ Chapter 13

"Should I start calling you Glen, now?" Vincent laughed a bit.
"You could. I have three of the chains."
"No. I think I'll stick with Gil. It sounds better."
"And I'm more used to it. What is in my pant leg?"
Gilbert reached up and pulled out a garter belt. He flung it away. Vincent pulled a slip of paper from the front of Gilbert's pants.
"A small love note and a room number. How interesting. Maybe tonight will be the night you decide to carry on the family bloodline."
"I'm not doing anything with a random stranger." Gilbert grabbed the paper and put it in his pocket.
"But you're still keeping the offer."
"I'm going to throw it away when I get back to my room. I don't want to leave it on the floor."
"Of course you are." Vincent laughed again. Gilbert smiled a bit. "You need to relax and get some sleep tonight. You haven't slept in three days."
"Yes. I know." Gilbert yawned and stretched. "And it's been four days."
"You should definitely sleep if it's been that long."
"I have a lot on my mind. I have to figure out how to fix everything without running and I have to make sure Oswald doesn't fall apart before he dies."
"You have too much pressure. You need a day off." Vincent pulled Gilbert towards his room.
"What are you doing?"
"You turned towards my room, not yours."
"Oh. Thanks for stopping me."
"It's fine. You always seem extra tired after these ceremonies."
"Yes. I don't know why." Gilbert wiped his mouth. "I can still taste blood."
"I can't imagine how bad that tastes."
"It's disgusting. Never taste it. Unless you make a contract."
"So you'll let me make a contract, nii-san?"
"You're asking me?"
"Of course I am. I always want your permission." Vincent smiled.
"Do whatever you want as long as you don't get hurt." Gilbert walked into a wall. "Ow."
"Maybe you should focus on not hurting yourself."
"Once I get some sleep, I'll be perfectly fine."
"We're at your room. I'll let you sleep, now."
Vincent hugged Gilbert and walked away. Gilbert walked in his room and crashed on the bed. He took off his shirt and watched another slip of paper fall out. He threw it away and continued changing. When he finished, he grabbed a book and a tablet.
"There has to be a way to stop everything. I really wish this never started."
Gilbert kept reading until he fell asleep with the book on his face. When he woke up, he was confused to see the ink in the book was much lighter than usual and that a picture was gone.
"Nii-san, did you sleep w- What's on your face?"
"Oh. I see. I fell asleep with the book on my face."
"What's the book about?"
"It's nothing that important."
"Did you sleep well?"
"Yes. I slept great." A lie.
"I guess that's all that really matters."
"Vince, do you care if I get some more sleep?"
"Go ahead."
The moment Gilbert fell asleep, Vincent went threw his books and tablet.
"You really shouldn't be doing this. You'll get in a lot of trouble."
Vincent wiped some ink off Gilbert's face before leaving.