If Sablier Never Happened ~ Chapter 5

Someone was pushing Vincent outside of the manor.

"Why can't I play with Gilbert?"

"He's busy with Glen-sama."

"I don't care!" Vincent yelled and tried running back in.

"Get back here!"

The man managed to grab hold of Vincent, hold him through his squirming, and get him off the grounds.

"Now go play with someone else." He turned and left.

"You're so stupid!" Vincent kicked the dirt and sat down. "Stupid Glen-sama!"

Gilbert had been taken to Oswald's room. He was sprawled out in the middle of the bed.

"Why am I in here? Vincent wants to see me." Gilbert whined a bit and sat up.

"They want you here in case something happens with Raven. Also, I need to make sure everything is okay with the transfer."

"Nothing's going to happen with Raven and the transfer was fine." Gilbert stared at his left hand. "All he's doing is making my arm sore."

"Let me see your hand."

Gilbert stuck out his arm and Oswald looked at it.

"What's wrong with it?"

"Nothing. You only have a bruise from where the chain was holding you." Oswald released Gilbert's hand. "You're fine."

"Does that mean I can leave now?"

"No. I don't think so."

"Ugh." Gilbert flops backwards. "It's been a week. I want to go outside."

"I know you do."

Vincent was sitting outside the Vessalius household and waiting for Jack.

"I can't even go inside here because of my eye. I hate Glen-sama. Why can't he let me see Gil?" Vincent kicked the ground a few more times. "I can't wait until this stuff is over. The next ceremony better come fast."

"Hello, Vincent. Have you been waiting long?" Jack smiles down at Vincent.

"Yes."

"Is there something wrong?"

"I haven't seen nii-san since the stupid ceremony. No one will let me see him. He's been confined to Glen-sama's room. I haven't seen him in a week. It's not fair!"

"Just relax. I'm sure he'll be allowed out soon. When's his next ceremony?"

"I don't know. I hope it's soon. This needs to finish fast." Vincent huffed.

Jack knelt down so he was eye level with Vincent.

"Inheriting all these chains takes around twenty to thirty years."

"What?"

"Yes. The next accession ceremony might not take place for almost five years."

"Almost five years?"

Vincent's eyes rolled back in his head and he fainted.

"This isn't good."

Jack lifted Vincent and went to the Baskerville manor.

Oswald had let Gilbert out of his room and into the kitchen. Provided he came with, of course.

"Glen-sama, when is the next ceremony?"

Gilbert climbed onto a counter to get food. Oswald pulled him down.

"It will be in five years. What were you trying to get into?"

"The fruit. Why will it be five years?"

"Here. Things will take time. The next chain you will inherit is the Owl."

"What will happen to you?"

"I'm going to slowly fall apart until you receive the last chain. After that, I will die."

"No! I don't want you to die!" Gilbert hugs Oswald. "How will I know what to do?"

"Don't worry. I'll teach you what to do." Oswald carefully lifted Gilbert.

"Alright. And I guess it won't be so bad if I have Vincent with me."

"About that. Do you remember what I told you about my sister, Lacie?"