If Sablier Never Happened ~ Chapter 10

"You're going to kill me?"
"I don't want to. I'm really sorry."
"I don't know what I should say."
"Please don't be mad at me."
Vincent looked down.
"I'm not mad at you. It isn't your fault."
"This is why I tried running off so many times. I didn't want to do this to you."
"It's fine, nii-san. I still have some time with you. And if anyone has to be the one to kill me, I'm glad it's you."
Gilbert had no idea what to say to that. All he did was hug Vincent.

It had been only two days, so Vincent didn't come out of his room much and Gilbert didn't want to do anything.

"Gilbert, please try to practice. You have to learn how to use Owl and how to combine Raven and Owl to open the abyss."
Oswald was trying to get Gilbert to do anything for the past two days.
"I'd rather not."
Gilbert sat on the grass and Oswald immediately pulled him up.
"Gilbert, you have to get over this. You still have around twenty to twenty five years left with him."
"That doesn't make me feel any better."
"Whether you like it or not, you have to send your brother to the abyss."
"Why not someone else?"
"I don't have time to explain. Just listen to me. Vincent might not die in the abyss."
"So he'll be sitting alone in the abyss forever?"
"Stop looking so deep into this."
"How can I not? I know you were heartless enough to just casually toss your sister into the abyss, but I can't do that! Vincent is my brother and I love him. I can't just get rid of him in the blink of an eye."
"Gilbert. It was hard for me to lose Lacie. It was only a slight bit easy because she was ready to go. She wanted to go."
"Vincent doesn't want to go. I can't let him go."
Gilbert was going to smack Oswald, but he stopped.
"Sorry."
"Gilbert, when was the last time you slept?"
"The night before the ceremony. I feel too guilty to sleep." He lowered his head. "I just won't be able to do it."
"You have many years to go. You may change your mind about this. Vincent may decide he wants this to happen."
"He said if anyone kills him, he wants it to be me."
"You're just very stressed. We'll start practice when you get some sleep."
"I'm going to find Vincent."
Gilbert walks inside and goes straight to Vincent's room. He fell asleep after talking for five minutes. Oswald leaned against the wall and sighed.
"What's wrong this time? Didn't the ceremony go well?"
"Jack, you must stop randomly appearing like that." Oswald looked away. "The ceremony went fine. It's what happened after the ceremony."
"What happened after the ceremony?"
"That's when Gilbert decided he should tell Vincent about sending him to the abyss. Both of them look like they're about to fall over and die."
"I'm guessing that's why so many more guards are around."
"We have half the servants watching all the exits so they can't leave and the other half are watching over them in case something does happen."
"Wow. That's crazy."
"How would you feel if you had to kill the person closest to you or be killed by the person closest to you?"
"I would be depressed. Who did you have to throw in?"
"My sister. It was a bit easier for me because she was ready and willing to be tossed in." He frowned. "But it was still hard to do and to watch. I tried to get rid of the memory, but I can't. I don't even want to imagine what Gilbert and Vincent are thinking right now."

Vincent had put Gilbert's head in his lap.
"It's okay, nii-san. I'll make sure this will be easy on you. I'll take whatever you have to do to me."