Chapter One

(Picture is mine. Made it myself)

The moon shone overhead, the stars gleamed.  It was always a beautiful sight to see. The nebula's slowly moved across the sky in the most brilliant of colors: Blues, purples, pinks, golds  .  . . Jim sighed softly as he walked along the path to the Benbow Inn, his eyes fixated up on the stars overhead, he took in a deep breath, before smiled and continued on his way. He soon came to the door and pushed it open, with a smile on his face,

"Mom, I'm back." he said, as he stepped forward and took of his jacket, before hanging it up on the coat rack.

Jim had grown in the last three years, going from roughly 5 feet 7 inches to a towering six foot two. His hair was now completely shaven in the back, with no rat tail. He wore a formal spacer uniform--waistcoat and all--with combat boots. He even had the small beginnings of a stubble beginning to grow.

Sarah poked her head out from the kitchen, her hair pulled up in a bun as she wore a simple green short sleeve dress along with a white apron, "Hey, honey!" she walked over and hugged him.

"Hey, Mom." Jim said with a smile, before he walked over to the nearest table and picked up some dirty plates, "Did the Doc stop by?" he asked, as he strided into the kitchen.

Sarah giggles, "Yeah, Delbert dropped in to say hi, but he couldn't stay long. Those kids of his keep him busy." she said, "Reminds me when you were little."

Jim gave a chuckle as he turned on the sink and began washing dishes,  "Heh. Yeah." he said, Jim then froze and looked down, seeing his hands and the plate he was currently washing, covered in soap.

That brought back memories. The young man smiled to himself, looking out the window. Jim put the plate aside and closed his eyes, remembering looking up at that old Cyborg as he shoved a bucket full of cold soapy water into his arms then pointed to the deck of the ship.

"Get to it, Jimbo!"

Jim gave a faint chuckle as he opened his eyes and looked to the stars out the window, "Wonder how you're holding up, you. old Scalawag . . ." he muttered to himself before he went back to work, washing dishes.

As the hour grew late, and the planet Montressor began to quiet for the evening, I figure slunk through the streets. It was a female figure--that was obvious--but her features were shrouded in a filthy cloak. All that could be seen was a glimpse of red hair, and stuffy brown boots. Her hands were glued to her side, a crimson blotch slowly growing through her clothing.

She was hurt, badly.

She groans as she leaned up against the wall of a building, holding her waist, and looking up to the moon above. Her face was revealed: gray skin, with milky blue eyes, her mouth parted to reveal vampire like fangs. In her left eye brow were two rings, and a scar on the same cheek, on her right eye there was a scar over her eye. Blood dribbled down her lip and jaw as she grit her teeth and resumed walking.

Droplets of crimson blood left a trail in her wake as she stumbled--lucid and anemic from bloodloss--towards the Benbow Inn. She stumbled up to the door and reached up to give a knock. The poor woman never made it, she crashed into the door, forcing it open with a crash.

Jim dropped the plate he was holding upon hearing the sound of a body falling to the floor. He looked over his shoulder, "Mom? What was that?"  he asked.

"Jim, oh, my God!" Sarah screamed.

Jim ran out into the main room and froze as his eyes went huge. There lay the gray-skinned female, with half-shaven head, crimson hair falling over half shut eyes. Jim knelt over her and pulled her ratted cloak back to reveal a torn up white blouse, stained red with blood.

"She's hurt . . ." he said, before he put his hand on her shoulder and shook her, "Hey, hey, wake up!" he yelled.

Sarah ran off to get some supplies to treat the woman's wounds, as Jim rolled her onto her back and took in her features, the scars on her face and her long elf-like ears, the piercings and grey skin. She grumbled and opened her eyes,

"Eh . . .?" she croaked out, "An' who be ye?" she rasped.

"I'm Jim Hawkins." Jim said, "But you're in a safe place. What's your name?" he asked,  his face creased with worry. 

"Ye can call me Zeizei, Lad."