The Past Always Comes Back

Heyo!!! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!! I'm sorry it took so long! I've been super busy recently for some crazy reason I actually have been able to make friends here in college XD so I'm going out and being social!! Therefore, I don't have as much time to write as I have in the past :((( I really hope to get these chapters out sooner than later :D

PLUS ITS NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS SEASON☺️ I LOVE THAT MOVIE AND BASICALLY ANYTHING HALLOWEEN LOL alright I'm done haha I hope you guys enjoy the chapter! It's longer than usual too :)

WORD COUNT: 4,081

DEAN'S POV

My dad hasn't spoken to me since our fight, he knows we are in deep trouble; yet he blames me. The cops have visited us twice since Autumn last called but we've been able to keep them at bay; they don't have an actual reason to be suspecting us, the only lead they have is a boy who was in love with my girlfriend which if we were taken to court I'd use that as a motive for lying about my family. There's no way they could just believe Michael without any reason or proof.

"Dean, you're not eating..." My mother cooed from across the table snapping me out of my thoughts, I swallowed. Once every month my mom is allowed to come over to have dinner with my dad and Anna; it's never a good time but ever since the incident when I was younger I could never completely separate myself from my mom.

I mean she still is my mother; she gave birth to me and the least I could do is spend a few hours with her once a month. That's what I told the child services officer after it all happened...I didn't want to completely get rid of her but I couldn't stay with her anymore; not that they would let me anyway.

"Sorry..." I mumbled putting another piece of rotisserie chicken into my mouth, we have the same meal every time she comes too, probably because it's the only thing Anna knows how to make. Rotisserie chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, and corn, not the healthiest but it always tastes pretty good.

"How's school going Dean?" My mother asked weakly.

My dad cleared his throat, "He's in college Mariam. He goes to classes."

I rolled my eyes, "It's still school dad, just leave her alone," Anna nodded and patted my dad's leg trying to keep him calm, thankfully he just took a sip of his wine and listened to me continue. "It's been good...but the more I go into mechanics the less I want to do it." I frowned, "I want to do something interesting."

"So do something interesting!" My mom chirped, that's one reason I could never just cut her out of my life...she really does support me.

My dad cleared his throat, "But interesting things aren't practical Dean, you need to go into where jobs are and mechanics are always going to be needed."

I just sighed at my fathers retort, I don't have to work in mechanics because I could always just go work under my father but I hate math and economics. Anna perked up a little, "Just do what makes you happy Dean that's all that should matter." Once again my father cleared his throat but didn't say anything, he disagrees but doesn't want to fight with Anna; at least not again.

"I'll figure it out, I mean I have to before the semester starts up again..." I trailed off bringing back the silence that was over shadowing my family before dinner started. We all ate only hearing the clicking of silverware until we heard knocking on the door. My father put down his silverware and stepped out of the dining room, because of how quiet it was we were able to hear the police officer greet my father. I slammed my own fork onto the table and stood up.

"Dean, wait!" My mom called after me but I stormed to the front door where my father was talking.

"Why can't you just leave my family alone!? It wasn't us!" I yelled stomping my foot.