Who Really Are You?

Hey everyone! Sorry this chapter took a little longer but I swear the next chapter won't take long at all! I want to post the next chapter before I leave for band tour which is on Monday so I have to update within the next three days I think? Eh too much math for me lol I'll stick to writing! Besides I have like 2K words for the next chapter written already so we are all good! Then I have a 22 hour bus ride that I will have the chance to write on which is awesome! So I hope I'll get to update a lot over this spring break!

REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!!! <3

WORD COUNT: 3937 

LUKE'S POV

Ashton, Calum and I were all asleep in the basement until we were woken up by a loud knocking on the door. Calum was the first to stir and glance at the clock, "It's 2 in the morning who the hell is at the door." 

Ashton got off the coach and walked towards the stairs, "Is anyone going to come check it out with me?" 

Calum groaned laying back down on his coach while I stood up following Ashton to the stairs, "You coming?" Ashton asked looking towards Calum who shook his head. "Alright." Ashton was the first to go up the stairs but I was right behind him and when we got upstairs my nose was attacked by the scent of cigarette smoke. 

"Michael what are you doing I thought you quit?" I said coughing a bit while walking over towards the table Michael was sitting at in the kitchen. 

Michael blew a few smoke rings and looked towards Ashton and I. "I changed my mind." 

"And why would you do that?" Ashton asked and not surprisingly Michael just rolled his eyes and continued to take a deep inhale of smoke. Ashton changing the subject asked, "Who was at the door?" 

Michael stiffened up, "The police." Michael put out his cigarette in the midst of him standing up. "It's nothing." 

"Uh..." Ashton trailed off from what he wanted to say but I came in trying to get Michael to say something.

"Normally when the police come to your door it's important." I pointed out, "Especially at 2 am." 

Michael had walked right past us toward his room while I was talking but stopped when I finished, "My parents got in a car accident." 

"Oh my god." Ashton exclaimed and Michael's nose twitched, a sign he was holding back tears. 

"My parents were out the dinner tonight and my dad as usual had a little to much to drink but insisted on driving home." Michael swallowed hard and continued the story he had just heard from the police. "And he drove right into the other lane hitting another car head on, he had no chance on surviving the impact." Michael's red eyes refused to look neither me or Ashton in the eyes but instead wondered around the room. "My mom is in intensive care but I can't go see her until tomorrow afternoon but they said they don't even think she will make it through the night." 

"Michael I'm so sor-" 

Ashton started but was cut off by Michael, "Just drop it I don't wanna talk about it." Michael had pushed past both Ashton and I to get to his room, "I'm going to bed, we are going to the hospital in the morning ok?"

I nodded but Ashton made a comment he shouldn't have made, "Don't do it again Michael...please?" 

"Are you serious?" Michael snapped an Ashton put his hands up in defense, "You honestly think I'm going to fucking relapse? Are you serious?" 

"I'm sorry I just didn't want to see you go through that again!" Ashton was almost yelling now but I stepped between the two of them to make sure Michael doesn't try to beat the crap out of Ashton. Normally Ashton could probably take Michael on in a fight but when Michael is all pent up on being upset or hurt like this he can hit hard. I rubbed my tongue along my lip and scrunching as my tongue hit the sensitive flesh when my lip was split, I've felt Michael's rage first hand; I wouldn't wish that on anyone.