4. Fourth Lesson

The place was dimly lit and the atmosphere was even more thrilling than it seemed during day time. Red lights flickered from lamps all around the place, shining on the thick velvet curtains that covered the walls. It was too much, and it was perfect. The heavy beat from the speakers added to the allure, almost throwing my pulse off beat.   

The Domme that hadn't introduced herself properly tugged me forward, walking with me in tow right across the room. It wouldn't have been too bad, if not for the fact that I could feel eyes following my every movement. It made my skin crawl, and not in a good way. Apparently this was something else I thought I would enjoy, but once again reality hit me with a bitch slap. 

I wasn't an exhibitionist. 

"Keep your eyes down, kiddo."

So, she noticed it, too. 

I doubted her words were meant to be comforting, but they calmed me down. I didn't need to acknowledge the people swarming around me. 

"Where are we going?"

"Quiet." She tugged at the cuff and the metal chafed against the tender skin around my wrist. I should have known I wasn't supposed to talk. Or had she ordered it? I couldn't remember. My memory issues might become a problem if this kept on happening. 

I followed her, staring at he lower back as we went further inside. My eyes didn't drift down, which I found odd at first, but perhaps it was because I knew that I shouldn't disrespect her. It was a simple explanation, and it made sense. 

"Mistress Jenna?" someone said.

"Not now, pet, I'll come and get you in a minute. Stop annoying me." 

"But...who's he?" I could hear the disdain in his voice, but kept myself from saying something stupid. I didn't even look at him. If I was doing this, I would do it properly, at least for tonight.  

Jenna stopped, and of course, I bumped into her from behind. Her eyes flashed, and I took a step backwards. Not good.

"This is turning out to be an evening for punishment. How quaint."

I didn't think that sounded quaint at all, and who said that nowadays?

Jenna pursed her lips and commenced our strange promenade across the dance floor. Apparently that gesture was enough for the other guy to join us, walking one step ahead of me without sparing me a glance. 

I wanted to snort. He was obviously jealous even if he had nothing to be jealous of. It was hilarious. I didn't even like this Jenna. It was odd; she seemed okay when she let that Dominatrix mask fall off her face, like when she mentioned Lisa. It was that genuine conversation that got me to change my mind. But now, when she was back in Domme mode, I didn't enjoy it one bit. It just sounded like pretense, like she was playing a role. 

I sighed. This was the reality. My fantasies had always played a too prominent part in my life; it was time to plant my feet on the ground, to stop dreaming. But who was I kidding... I had tried that before. I was half-way to that goal right now, but if I walked out from this club tonight, I knew I wouldn't go home. I would end up somewhere else, and wake up with strangers around me, or alone in an  alley. It used to be my life, and I had enjoyed it. Sort of. 

The muted red lighting turned into a soft yellow glow as we progressed. The music faded into the background, but the beat still lingered in the air. I could see walls on both sides of me and steel doors disrupting the black wall paint every now and then. I remembered this corridor. 

The owner's office wasn't far off. I wondered if this Master Matthews and the owner was the same person. I wasn't sure. He had never introduced himself.