23. Twenty-Third Lesson

The man took a step back, allowing my back to leave the wall. He gave me a grin and pulled up his phone.

"Derek, bring the car around."

I wasn't sure I liked the sound of that, but what choice did I have? It was natural to leave the bar with a car, and I certainly didn't want to spend time with him in an alley.

He put the phone in the inner pocket of his coat while cupping my cheek with his left hand. "You're quite stunning," he said, letting his eyes roam over my figure. "You look young, but your eyes are old."

"I'm old enough."

"Good. They'll ask you for ID once we get to the place we're going."

I wanted to ask where, but figured that it didn't matter. He could take me anywhere he wanted as long as I got paid.

The moon was full, resting behind thin layers of clouds that swept across the sky. One naïve part of me hoped it would watch over me tonight-a big bright eye surveying the world to keep the dark at bay. I thought it quite strange that mythology depicted full moon as the darkest of nights when in fact it was the brightest of each month.

Two headlights appeared around the corner, illuminating the long street with a harsh glow. The car stopped at the curb, waiting for us to get inside. It was a large black Hummer, intimidating as hell, but again, what choice did I have?

The man led me toward the car, his grip tight on my arm but not too tight.

The car smelled of new leather, but I didn't have time to see more of the interior until the man took hold of my cheek and forced another kiss from my reluctant lips.

He paused, leaning back so he could pierce me with his intense stare. "You'll call me Master tonight."

A shiver ran down my spine, but I gulped it down. "Yes, Master."

"Good boy."

He gave me a wicked smile that I tried my best to return.

"We're going to have a great night. Just do as I say, little one, and I won't have to punish you."

A soft gasp left my dry lips. It wasn't a good gasp, but he must have interpreted it as one because he leaned over to kiss me again. This time he didn't hold back and a faint metallic taste landed on my tongue as my lips started to bleed.

When the car finally stopped again, the man let his hand run down my clothed chest. "You won't need this shirt inside. Might as well leave it in the car."

I swallowed down my unease, told myself that I'd be fine and started to unbutton it. The man leaned back in his seat, clearly enjoying my forced striptease. His eyes darkened and a bulge formed at the front of his slacks. Maybe, at one point, I could have been turned on by him, but something in the back of my mind screamed at me which made it impossible.

His hand went to another of his pockets and he withdrew a thin leather collar. "This is yours tonight."

Schooling my expression, I tried my best to not let it show how disturbed I was by it. He grinned and fastened it around my neck.

"Fits perfectly," he said, giving me another bruising kiss.

The driver opened the door for us and we escaped out into the freezing night. My skin stung as small crystals of snow landed on my bare torso. However, I forgot about it as soon as I saw where we were. I should have realized.

"Come," the man ordered. "Keep your eyes downcast when we're inside unless I ask you to."

My insides crawled with unease as he led me up the short stairs, bypassing the queue and the bouncer without a single word.