3. Third Lesson

I bundled up the orange tie in a tight ball, getting ready to throw it across the street. The brick wall was cold against my back and the air even colder. I had to get out of here before I froze to death. What a joke. Things hadn't exactly turned out the way I thought they would, and it just made me more frustrated. 

I was pissed. 

Angry at the world. 

A pair of heels clicked on the pavement--getting closer--but I refused to look. If I wasn't fit to be a submissive for some idiot Dom even if they hadn't even  given me a chance, then I didn't have a reason to appease anyone. I could revolt. I could do whatever the hell I wanted to do. 

I pushed off the wall to leave, knowing that it was a mistake to go here in the first place. Never trust anyone to hold their word. One would think I would have learned that lesson already with all the shit I had lived through.

"Master Matthews was willing to give you a chance, but I can see that he was wrong about you." 

I turned my head to sneer at the woman behind me. They could play their games; I would do something else that didn't make me feel inferior and a burden. I didn't need that in my life. It had all been a stupid dream from my side. A fantasy that clearly had very little to do with reality. 

She looked the part, dressed in black latex and leather. Her high heeled boots reached up to her thighs and her long brown hair was tucked back in a slick ponytail. The only thing with a little bit of color was her blood red lips. 

She placed a hand on her hip. "And you're not even brave enough to prove me wrong." 

Contempt. 

I could hear it in her voice; I saw it in her eyes. 

"This was a mistake, so I'm leaving." I had no reason to answer her, but I did. However, I didn't want for an answer before turning my back on her again. 

"I think you're wrong."

That was the last thing I wanted to hear right now. The accusation, always that disgusting reproachful comment that I was wrong. No matter where I went, people voiced their opinion of me. Never once, was I right. 

I spat on the sidewalk and went on my way. 

"That's it. You're coming with me." 

Confused, I turned my head, and that was my undoing. There was no time to run. She caught up and gave me a harsh kiss on the mouth. Startled out of my wits, I didn't notice that she cuffed my wrist to hers until it was too late. She stopped kissing me the second the lock snapped into place. If she were a man, I would have hit her, but even I had some standards left inside my messed up mind. 

"What the hell!" 

"Now I understand what Master Matthews meant. You're out of control. I'll have fun with you."

"You can't do this!"

"No, I really can't." She paused and gave me a wry smile. Almost as if she was apologizing. "But apparently Master Matthews received an intriguing phone call from a certain Lisa Reed. She said you wanted this, and that we should make sure you stick to that wish at least for a short while."

Any reply I might have considered vanished in an instant. Lisa had called them?

"Then why, if you've decided to give me a chance, was I practically kicked out?" She met my glare with a soft smile. Suddenly, she didn't seem like a Dominatrix at all. 

"It was a misunderstanding."

I didn't feel like accepting that poor apology, so I just chose to ignore it. 

"Can you release me now?"

She arched a perfect eyebrow. "Do you want to go home?"

I considered that for a second. Did I? I wasn't sure. I wasn't even sure I was fit to be a submissive. In fantasy, yes, in reality...perhaps?

"Just let me go. I won't bother you guys again." 

"I think I'll let Master Matthews decide that. So you're coming with me, kid."

"I'm not a kid."

"You might as well be. Now, shut up until we get inside, and when we do get inside, just follow me." She tugged at the cuff attached to my wrist. 

"This shit is meant to be consensual only, right?" I argued. 

She stopped and let out an annoyed sigh. "You're more trouble than you're worth." She released me and waved me away with a flip of her hand. It wasn't the reaction I expected, and I found myself staring at her while she proceeded towards the club. 

Spotting another guy standing at the far corner, I remembered why I was here to begin with. Why I was doing this, and why Lisa had called them. I didn't make the best decisions. I made the wrong ones. 

"Wait," I called after her. 

She stopped but didn't turn. Instead, she raised her arm, letting the unattached cuff dangle in the air. I ran a hand through my hair, shifted my weight from one foot to the next, and then I made my decision. 

With hesitant steps, I walked over, attaching myself to her again without saying another word. 

"Let's go then, kid."

This time I didn't argue about my new nickname. It was time to enter another world, and not with someone holding my hand in comfort but restrained to their wrist.