CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

"No," Quil closed his eyes letting out a long sigh," She left that part out actually"

"Would you still be open to seeing her?" Carlisle asked hesitantly. The doctor had been hoping for anything that could possibly give him answers to his patient. It was his nature to be overwhelmingly attached to anyone he had been given the accountability for and he would take any chance he got to help them.

Quil had for a moment and tried to consider the chances of it be voluntarily good-willed as well with giving the obviously distressed doctor the hope he's been seeking.

The simple nod of his head had allowed the older male to smile and lead the way.

The walk to the room was silent and this time it was a silence that felt uncomfortable.

For Carlisle, he was settling his hopefulness to a minimum and Quil was just stuck with keeping himself focused on being calm.

It was possible that his wolf was alerted more than it was with Alice, because of Carlisle being the leader of his coven.

The strength and longevity differed immensely between the family members and it was given to their nature to build up the differentially

It was as if Carlisle could sense Quil's uneasiness and took the notation allowing himself to extend their distance. It was not only for the sake of the Quileute's struggle but along with making sure the young shapeshifter doesn't allow harm to any of the humans currently present.

It wasn't a trust that faltered, but it was just expected to be reluctant. It was the same with himself-despite being in control of his diet, there was still a chance of being weakened to the desire of human blood.

No matter how many centuries upheld, Carlisle's self-control had its flaws and again, that was only natural.

Everyone has that control they can't fully have a grasp of and it was perfectly okay.

Finally, reaching the room far down the hall-Carlisle had opened the door letting himself in first and the Quileute came in tow after.

With the older male's body still in direct view of blocking the patient-Quil took a few breaths for the short moment.

However, once the older male had stepped aside, Quil's throat compressed and his body froze. His eyes dilated-his hands sweaty and his heart literally slamming against his chest.

Carlisle took it as a sign on his part that he got his answer, but worried about the Quileute who was having his body show the sighs of panic along with a nervous breakdown.

Quil took a few steps forward but, he didn't get close enough falling straight to his knees.

"Zahra" He whimpered under his breath, his head turned to Carlisle and his tears finally fell down his face," She's alive"