CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Quil stood next to his mother Joy, both watching Zahra play in the grass with their dog Max

Quil stood next to his mother Joy, both watching Zahra play in the grass with their dog Max. His mother was very aware of him phasing and it was one of the main reasons his sudden change wasn't as tough as the others.

He always had a lot of time with her since she hardly worked and It wasn't that Joy didn't want to work as much, it was because his Grandfather was very protective of her and wanted anything to keep his daughter-in-law safe. It was what his father had shared greatly each day the moment he married her.

"A Selkie?" His mother asked softly observing the female with gentle eyes. She never openly admitted it, but she's always wanted more kids. Once Quil noticed, he shared his worries with Embry and Jacob who gladly came to fulfil that wish. Joy wasn't the greatest cooks, but the boys didn't care because all they wanted was for her to be happy.

"Yes, or mermaid-Zahra said she's fine being called either" Quil explained as he kept his eyes on her as she laughed as Max licked her face.

"I already love her" Joy squealed having heard the female's laugh that sounded like music to her ears," If your grandfather allows it-I want her to stay with us"

Quil turned his head towards his mother in shock," What?"

"We can't let her stay with Sam and Emily forever Quil, they are just newly engaged." Joy peered to her son," I'm not saying this just because you imprinted on her"

"Do you think Gramps would allow it?" He asked in hopefulness

Joy sighed and raised one of her arms that was folded to her cheek," I wish I had the answer, but for now" Her eyes turned to their house seeing Sam standing next to her father-in-law," We'll just have to wait"

Quil followed her gaze to his home and saw Sam gesturing his hands as he continued to speak with his Grandfather," Son, don't fret over it so much. I would like it if you properly introduced me to Zahra"

He turned to his mother nodding and led the way to Zahra," Zahra" He called out to her consenting the female to turn her head and stand up. Max had let out a bark like he was telling her 'Thanks for keeping me company' as he walked towards his house in the corner of the yard.

Once Zahra met them halfway her eyes fell to Joy who was smiling lovingly to her," Hello, Zahra, I'm Quil's mother Joy"

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you!" Zahra responded," Quil's told me all about you Mrs Ateara"

"Joy" The older woman chuckled as Zahra tilted her head," You can call me Joy, my dear"

"You can call me Zahra-wait...you already did...Um-I" She lifted a finger to her lips in embarrassment while Quil smiled shaking his head at her adorableness.

"Can I hug you?" Zahra suddenly asked and Joy let out a breath and grinned not even answering and pulling the younger girl in a hug.

"I have been wanting to hug you the moment I saw you!" Joy said while taking in the moment. Quil didn't know how to express the happiness that formed in his chest as he watched his two most important women before him embracing.

tonantzin carmelo as joy ateara (nee quehpa)