CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

Zahra's body trembled and her chest swarmed with pain as those words left Quil's lips

Zahra's body trembled and her chest swarmed with pain as those words left Quil's lips. Her knee's felt weak as she fell on them-however, what broke her officially, was Quil shaking and quickly running out of the bedroom allowing Embry and Jake to follow him, but not without them sharing a narrowed suspicious gaze towards the mermaid.

Jared, Paul and Sam stayed behind; each of them collecting Old Quil who had barely a heartbeat. Zahra had attempted to reach for the elder man, only for Sam to gently stop her hand shaking his head," I think you've done enough" Sam's words were not meant to be harsh, and he had a different remark in mind, but that action alone had let Zahra retract her hand quickly away from contacting anything.

Her arms wrapped around her body and all the dread was consuming her.

Joy, on the other hand, had attempted to reach out for her, but Zahra recoiled back shaking her head-Afraid that she'll do more harm than good.

Joy was disappointed , but not at the mermaid-but at how the pack suddenly assumed the worse. She did not blame Zahra and knew there was more to what happened," Zahra, honey, It's not your fault"

"It is" She cried as tears once again stained her face, the sight alone breaking the mother's heart," It's my fault, Joy; it's all my fault" She repeated over and over.

Resulting in Joy knowing she can't do anything but allow the female to calm down on her own.

Her words might just make it worse and she chose to abide on that choice. Joy had made the decision to leave Zahra and attend towards her father-in-law. Leaving Zahra alone was the last on her mind, but her priorities were Old Quil.

Once Joy had left, Zahra had let out a low sob but what was not expected; at all was the sight of those tears to replaced with blood. Halting her cry, she reached for her face and touched the warm liquid examining her hands.

When she came into terms with the blood, her body pulled her in a pain that trembled through her entire body. Clasping her palm and feeling the rush; Zahra knew one thing.

Her body was still dying-and her powers awakening was only speeding up that process. Years of being deprived of the powers was taking the rightful toll on her body.

She was a ticking-time-bomb.

A resolve was all that was left in Zahra, and all those years of her captivity. She had gained the knowledge of what she was capable of and that left her with the decision without hesitation.

Zahra stood up and walked towards her bedroom door locking it. She stayed in place for a few moments with her eyes closed, taking in the memories she had spent with everyone and let it burn into her mind.

With a breath escaping her lips, Zahra quickly ran towards the window and jumped out. The young female ran through the blanket of darkness as she made way to her first destination.