CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

Esmeralda had stood before the dying Selkie and as she prepared to walk away, her body refused to do it

Instead, her emotions were overpowered with sympathy, of her watching Zahra slowly fall to the ground and her arms had moved forward catching her.

The Enchantress laid eyes on the younger female and her heart burned painfully," Why?" The older woman mumbled holding Zahra," Why are you so easily acceptant to death? Why aren't you fighting?!"

Zahra kept head facing towards Esmeralda not being able to see her anymore; only being able to hear her. She forced out a small gentle laugh that barely made its way out of her pale lips," From the beginning this was never a fight I'd win"

"A fight-I caused" Esmeralda mumbled incoherently.

"Despite that-" Zahra mumbled," If it weren't for it.... I wouldn't have met Quil"

"And yet, you're still dying" The Enchantress added under her breath," Foolish, child"

However, Zahra didn't respond through words but through a soft touch on the Enchantress's arm that was holding her frail body.

The Enchantress had closed her eyes and took in a breath as she held the Selkie that was desperately holding onto her life.

The life she could easily take-but no matter how much she claimed to want to end it, her emotions were yet again-in control.

Esmeralda let some of her magic seep into the Selkie's body, but she knew-that it was not enough to stop her death.

"Zahra!!" The distressed cries of Quil overpowered through the blanket of darkness. His voice drowning out the boys also shouting for her name.

Zahra had felt her body rush hearing Quil's voice and as she slowly opened her eyes. She locked her gaze on the Enchantress as her vision temporarily cleared," What are you doing?"

"Nothing that can change your fate" The older woman stated," I want to hate you-I want to despise you, but your burning passion to cling to life-I can't help but be drawn to it"

"What do you me-

"Get away from her!" Sam's voice filled the female's ears and cutting of Zahra's words. But before she could stop Sam-he had already started to run over along with the rest of the males.

However, the Enchantress just smiled wickedly as she slowly vanished.

Though, at the last second; Zahra heard the lowest mumble of the word 'Sorry' come from Esmeralda's lips.

Zahra had been sat up watching her figure vanish and a sigh came out of her dry lips. She knew what the Enchantress was apologizing for- Her death was inevitable and even Esmeralda couldn't play god.

Zahra felt the warmth of Quil's arm make its way around her, taking the young selkie out of her thoughts," I thought I lost you" He said under his breath and Zahra's heart clenched.

"Can you bring me to the water, Quil?" Zahra connected her hands with his own.

"But it-

"It won't hurt me anymore" She cut him off as he hesitated staring at her, and Zahra just smiled at him," I promise" Quil took a breath sharing a look to the other's who just nodded their heads-reassuring him that it was okay.

Quil lifted Zahra in his arms as he walked into the water-his waist slowly being submerged in the water as he kept walking forward.

"Here's fine" Zahra stopped him still in his arms closing her eyes taking in the water that was touching her skin. Quil carefully kept his eyes on her making sure to pull her out the moment she reacted like before.

Zahra lifted her hand facing her body to Quil," I love you" She said slowly as she locked her eyes on his own," I really love you, Quil"

"What are-" Quil chuckled as he lifted his hand on her hand that was placed on his cheek," Zah-" Zahra leaned forward connecting her lips on Quil's stopping him from speaking-her lips pressed onto his soft plump lips that acted on the kiss and instantly returned the gesture.

"I love you, Quil," Zahra said first and he smiled with his eyes still closed "I love you more, Zahra,"

He said pulling away, but-the moment he opened his eyes...

Zahra's body had slowly started to turn into sea foam and the moonlight glistened on the dark ocean. Quil bit his lip as he watched the foam slowly combine with the sea, and his heart clenched through his chest.

Quil's body burned as he let out a pained cry breathing through his lips making his throat raw the louder it gotten.

His voice yet again drowning the sounds of the night-and his brother's all standing at the shoreline with their eyes closed as they let his tears fall.

However, just like Quil, they all felt tears fall down their faces.