CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Once Upon a Time, there lived a lonely King under the sea

Once Upon a Time, there lived a lonely King under the sea. His subjects didn't know how to make their king happy and no matter what gifts they offered him; the king's sadness never went away.

The young selkie peered up at the older woman stopping her from telling the story," Momma"

"Yes, my pearl?" The soft-spoken mother peered at her youngling keeping the smile on her face

"Why was the King sad?"

"Well, Momma hasn't gotten to that part yet"

"Oh" The little selkie giggled covering her mouth," Sorry" The mother chuckled softly at her youngling and continued the story.

The King had lived for many years, for the poor King, he's never experienced any other emotion-that was until one day.

The day that the sea was at it's brightest and the creatures all that dwelled below had been awake. Everything about the Kingdom was different, and no one knew why.

No one knew what was so special about this day.

The King had not been on his throne but instead, was drawn to the darkest depths of the sea. There he had found a woman, lost and broken.

A woman that's heart that cried and broke. A woman that later became the reason the King had finally not been alone.

Though, this was not the end; for the woman and king, both fell in love.

The once lonely King and the once broken woman had both started to become whole.

However, the two did not become whole, until they were both blessed with a child. A child that would be the born of true love. A child that was born from two souls that healed and loved.

A child, that would change everything.

The Child that brought the light to the King and his beloveds' hearts. The Child that mended the incomplete void that the lovers had never thought would heal.

"And did they live happily ever after?" The young child asked curiously to her mother, who smiled and nodded.

However, what the mother didn't know was that the child could feel the emotion that was hidden behind that smile.

The emotion that told the young female that the King, his beloved and child-did not get their Happily Ever After.

That was when Zahra got older and was kept hidden from the world. Through her curiosity that never died from when she was younger. The curiosity that led to her learning the truth.

The truth that was revealed to be the continuation of the story of the once lonely King. The story, that was not just a fairytale, but in fact, her own life.

Her mother had told this tale, to imprint her mind to put the puzzle pieces together. To know the truth of what happened, and the truth that led to Zahra's Origin.

Zahra was that little child-the child that could save her kingdom.

The Kingdom that was wrongfully taken from her, and the Kingdom that took everything from her.